SRc leaked on Dutch site

Shastapete

Lectrosonics SRc product page leaked on Dutch retail site. (Google Cached version)

On facebook's sound mixer group Gordon confirmed: 

"SRC will be dual channel, wide band, and have tracking front end like the 411"

and no wide band SM in the works:

"The SM series transmitters are limited to a single block because of the 250Mw output option in the US - the third order intermods are suppressed by a circulating isolator which is limited by physics to the 25Mhz passband. If we make an SM style transmitter wide band, it will be limited to 100mW - making it not very different than the LT. We do not currently have an SM series wide band in development. LT has all the features and then some (IR synch, porgrammable switch) etc."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a mainly a Zax user, but my Lectro SMa's are a life saver often due to their small size. These will remain a vital part of my for many years to come.

We are already limited to 100Mw, so a SM in wideband would make every Lectro user in Australia happy. 

1 hour ago, Nate C said:

I am a mainly a Zax user, but my Lectro SMa's are a life saver often due to their small size. These will remain a vital part of my for many years to come.

We are already limited to 100Mw, so a SM in wideband would make every Lectro user in Australia happy. 

Zaxcom trx900lt is pretty small

46 minutes ago, LarryF said:

SSM. Very small and wideband.

Larry F

Don't under sell the SSM Larry. It is itty bitty. I didn't realise it was wideband. Still an SM/SMQ transmitter using AA would be appreciated in wideband even limited to 100Mw. 

37 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

Zaxcom trx900lt is pretty small

Yes the LT is pretty small, but due to tight skimpy costumes (think cheerleader outfit) on a reoccurring job the best place to hide the transmitter is in the side of the bra under the armpit. The actresses prefer SMa's over LT's or LA's due to comfort factor. It is the width of the TX that makes this my preferred choice in this case.

I like SSM due to it has the lemo3 connector which can switch between my zax TX, its battery runs six hours which is great too. My only concern of using it on my last feature was the limited 50mW output,the range is not so stable as SMQV of course,and even though it's so tiny but with the tightened clothes our super hot actress wearing is still just a little bit noticeable but I wouldn't imagine what it gonna looks like if I was using any other TX.

When VRField 2 ??? I'm waiting ! 

My main issues with the SSM are the TA3 connector and the cell phone battery. I haven't used one yet but I don't want to buy any more lavs just to fit this one type of transmitter. If you come up with an SMQW, I'm buying.

It's a 3 pin Lemo (same as Zaxcom, and maybe some Sennheiser units?) so those mics are regular stock for sound shops.

The TA connector is too large for the SSM. Heck, it seems to *just* fit inside the SM cases. Similar with the AA battery, it's just too big. Sure, the unusual battery isn't the easiest, so if you need to be able to buy batteries at the supermarket, the SMV is still really darn small.

I think you really need to see and hold a SSM in person to appreciate what Lectrosonics pulled off. The only other transmitter that small that I know of (made by Q5X) doesn't have a removable battery, so the whole unit goes down for charging.

I'm into my second production using a SSM . I haven't noticed any issues with range , I use a Venue Field receiver and SM transmitters. The battery is easily available and not at all expensive , I think it might be commonly used in Fuji cameras. Whilst the size difference between a SSM and a SM might not seem much it makes significant improvements when hiding it in tight costumes and on small people.

1 hour ago, johnpaul215 said:

It's a 3 pin Lemo (same as Zaxcom, and maybe some Sennheiser units?) so those mics are regular stock for sound shops.

The TA connector is too large for the SSM. Heck, it seems to *just* fit inside the SM cases. Similar with the AA battery, it's just too big. Sure, the unusual battery isn't the easiest, so if you need to be able to buy batteries at the supermarket, the SMV is still really darn small.

I think you really need to see and hold a SSM in person to appreciate what Lectrosonics pulled off. The only other transmitter that small that I know of (made by Q5X) doesn't have a removable battery, so the whole unit goes down for charging.

Ah yes, my mistake. All my lavs are ta5 anyhow. All I currently have are SMs and UMs. If they don't make a wideband SM then maybe I will go for the SSM after all. Is there a multibay charger for the SSM batteries yet?

12 hours ago, BAB414 said:

Is there a multibay charger for the SSM batteries yet?

We have a 12-bay 1RU SSM battery charger in production now; once all of the cats are herded (approvals, etc) we will formally announce availability.

Edit:  The 12-up charger is rack mount, as Larry clarifies below.  The model number is CHS12LB50.

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics, Inc.

Edited by WesH

15 hours ago, Derek H said:
11 hours ago, BAB414 said:

1 hour ago, WesH said:

We have a 12-bay 1RU SSM battery charger in production now; once all of the cats are herded (approvals, etc) we will formally announce availability.

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics, Inc.

Also, it is rack mount.

Lef

There is a Lemo to TA5 adapter available from Lectro so you can use previously wired lavaliers.

Lef

2 hours ago, Jack Norflus said:

Link? Part number?

Hi Jack,

Our part number is MCATA5MLEMO; follow this link to our website for the technical data sheet.  Retail at the usual suspects is around (ouch) $200 -- sorry, that's an expensive little assembly to make.

As usual, we make the wiring diagram available in the technical data sheet for those that are good with soldering irons and enjoy the frustration that comes with soldering tiny connectors.

Best,

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics, Inc.

Edited by WesH
Edit: Removed extra "this" from first sentence.