Shastapete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gordonmoore1 said:

Actually, Lectro has had a top mount five pin from the very beginning for the SR - we call it the SR5P and it was developed because Sony did not have the second channel audio pin active in their cameras and there were also some mono (non-stereo cameras on the market). That was our development!

Of course, sorry didn't mean to discredit you guys. What I meant is Sennheiser somehow crammed a 5-pin into the top of their receiver without the bump-out on the side. In this picture I believe it's under the little black rubber cap to the right of the OLED screen.

EK_6042_ibc_2015_keyvisual%20sen.jpg 

Bandwidth is 75MHz (three blocks) like L series  and Venue 2 to maintain high selectivity (think UCR411 in terms of interference rejection)  and match transmitters.  Jeremiah, AES end panel is in design stages - it will be fully compatible with ALL SR's, not just the C  - but it's just been started so don't expect any time soon.  All other end panels are compatible. I will, however, increase the caffeine uptake levels in engineering to "speed" it along.  

Performance, functionality, reliability, longevity, product support, price, service, compatibility, usability. These, among others, are things that customers think about when deciding on products. No charts are going to make me more comfortable using one product versus another. If we all worked in laboratory environments, then specifications would be king. We don't, however, work in laboratory environments, and very few of us are engineers. I'm no engineer. I just want my stuff to work, and to work with the greatest of ease and reliability and with the least amount of fiddling and "updates". I am still getting incredible performance from my 1st generation SM transmitters and my 1st generation 411s and Venue/VRTs.

My very personal opinion.

I am excited about the SRc, and it's really the first new product that I feel will move to the top of my want-to-buy list.

On March 19, 2016 at 3:57 AM, RPSharman said:

Performance, functionality, reliability, longevity, product support, price, service, compatibility, usability. These, among others, are things that customers think about when deciding on products. No charts are going to make me more comfortable using one product versus another. If we all worked in laboratory environments, then specifications would be king. We don't, however, work in laboratory environments, and very few of us are engineers. I'm no engineer. I just want my stuff to work, and to work with the greatest of ease and reliability and with the least amount of fiddling and "updates". I am still getting incredible performance from my 1st generation SM transmitters and my 1st generation 411s and Venue/VRTs.

My very personal opinion.

I am excited about the SRc, and it's really the first new product that I feel will move to the top of my want-to-buy list.

There's an informed choice. Well said.

On 3/19/2016 at 6:57 AM, RPSharman said:

If we all worked in laboratory environments, then specifications would be king. We don't, however, work in laboratory environments, and very few of us are engineers. I'm no engineer. I just want my stuff to work, and to work with the greatest of ease and reliability and with the least amount of fiddling and "updates".

I'm much like you, except I also recognize that when things "just work" it's because they are the product of an intense battle with laboratory gear and caring very much about numbers and plots. As you say, it's no substitute for your own field testing, but the raw data from the lab is valuable and interesting in its own right. 

1 minute ago, Adam White said:

Looks like the screen resolution, interface, size are all the same. I'm guessing you went with the "if it ain't broke..." philosophy?

Yes, that's correct. A lot of functionality was added to what is essentially the same package.

14 minutes ago, axel said:

and now for the real question (if not posted & answered elsewhere here):

will there be an upgrade available for existing SRa or SRb units? - or does the grey color mean "sorry guys, but this is different..."

Since both circuit boards and the top bezel (because of the IR port) are different, it would not be economical to offer an upgrade.

The SRc/SRc5P allows either channel to tune anywhere within the 3-block range with either receiver, so yes, you could tune channel 1 within block 21 and channel 2 within block 23 (assuming it is a B1 range unit).

Oh! That will be really really useful on reality shows that have to party dial cast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...