Courtney Goodin-BWF Widget Pro for MAC

jayhartigan

I've been trying to contact Courtney for some time about BWF Widget Pro operating under Win 10.  I'm having trouble with it.  Upon searching this group I find the Senator many years ago thanked Courtney for making a MAC version. Upon going to the website http://goodsound.software.informer.com/  it looks like a bunch of malware surrounding our beloved BWF Widget Pro.

What is the story here?  Is Courtney still on this group?  If so can you please email me, I'd like to purchase some more seats to this MAC version if there actually is one.

Thanks

Hi all,

I don't seem to get any warning from my website.  Google Site Check shows no info on any type of malware on my site so I don't know maybe the posted link has been misdirected to a malware site.   Occasionally the web server that my site is co-located on gets blacklisted because of other sites located at the same web host IP become infected.  But I don't see any problems currently at www.bwfwidget.com.   I don't know what goodsound.softwareinformer.com is.  It is not my direct  website.  Goodsound has never been my domain name.  It belongs to somebody else.

As to a native Mac version of BWF Widget there is no such thing.  You can run it on a Mac using Boot Camp or Paralells  or VR Fusion  and any version of Windows, but Sound Device's Wave Agent is your best Mac alternative although it doesn't  quite do everything BWF WIdget Pro Does.

There was some suspect javascript found on the server site.  It was removed  Let me know if you still get a warning when you visit.

As far as I can tell it didn't deliver any payload when it was there..    Probably a drive by infection that didn't work

• 1 month later...

Jay,

It should work fine with windows 10.  Just remember to "run as administrator"     Right click the BW-Pro Icon and go to properties.

Under the Compatibility tab check the "Run as administrator" box.  It may also help to check the box compatibility Mode and choose Windows XP service pack 3.    This may not be necessary but couldn't hurt.

Also make sure the LAME.EXE file is in the BWF-Widget Pro program folder.

-----Courtney

Hi Jay,

LAME  is part of the BWF-Widget Pro Installation.  I just tried installing it on a new Windows laptop with Windows 10 and MP3 conversion seems to work fine as long as running as administrator.   Make sure your files you are converting are in a folder that you have permission to write to as well as the  destination folder.  Perhaps if you have some overzealous anti-Virus software running it may be preventing BWP from saving it's batch file for MP3 conversion to the BWP program's folder.   Running as administrator usually is all that is required to allow this.  Perhaps your anti-Virus software is preventing write access to any system folders.  After you run the batch convert process check the BW-Pro Program folder and see if there is a "MP3LIST.BAT" file there.  Open it in Notepad and take a look.  It should have the  names and destinations of the files to convert in it at the end of each line in the Batch file.

If you open a Command window and try to execute the MP3LIST.BAT  batch file you can read any errors it may encounter since the command window won't close until you type "EXIT" from the command line.  This is the best way to troubleshoot a Batch Conversion problem.  It usually turns out to be a path problem or a  folder permissions problem.  Sometimes it can be a filename with an unusual non alphanumeric character in it.