Convert 2 Aes outs to 4 analog

Makauto

Hey guys, I'm preparing for a job where I have to deliver 8 different signals from a 633 and all in analog, so my only hope is find a way to convert the 2 main AES out to 4 analog. 

Do you know what could I need? 

Renting another recorder is not an option with the budget I'm having to deal with. 

Thanx.

That's not your only hope.

However, without the details of what you need to feed, how long the runs will be, etc., it stays in the realm of speculation.

The saying is, "The devil is in the details," but so is the solution.  It might be as simple as feeding them all from the same output as bridging inputs.

On 18 de marzo de 2016 at 11:27 AM, daniel said:

Can you tell us any more about it?

6(?) I/Ps to 8 different O/Ps is unusual and sounds like an interesting problem. Excuse me for speculating but it sounds like a high concept project.

Two for the mix maybe?

Thanks for all the options.

Its a "reality" tv program. They want to record a stereo amb, 4 Lavs and a signal from a tv (but that can go through to the embedders without being recorded). And want the outs from the tv, stereo amb, mono mix of all lavs and isolated 4 lavs, that makes the 8 outs all analog.

The AJA ADA4 seems like the best solution all around.

If any of I/Ps are coming in wirelessly (your lavs for example) you could use 2 extra receivers as a means of supplying the iso O/Ps for those sources. It would also give you some redundancy with your wireless. If the budget wont stretch to extra RX you could use 'Y' cables to split any of your line (or even mic) level sources before they get to the 633, but this is less ideal.

1 hour ago, John Blankenship said:

I have a term for people who demand extensive complicated setups but aren't prepared to pay a proper rate for them. 

They're called "nonclients."

Different markets, different circumstances. OP has not complained about the circumstances, so calling the people he is choosing to work for "nonclients" comes across, to me at least, as a bit un-empathetic. He may feel more money should be available for his department but in most places you have to be in the upper percentiles professionally not to feel this. Incidentally, Spain has some thing like 20% unemployment overall and 45% for young people. Every time a Spanish broadcaster or theatrical distributor buys in an International product rather than finance a domestic production it impacts their employment market, should he be turning down this work to protect you rate in America? We are all to a certain extent a reflection of the clients we have and they of us. There could be many reasons why the OP requested ideas on how to engineer something with the resources available but I'm guessing wanting to feel bad about who he's working for was not 1 of them, so why go there, too may "nonclients" of your own?

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Different markets, different circumstances. OP has not complained about the circumstances, so calling the people he is choosing to work for "nonclients" comes across, to me at least, as a bit un-empathetic. He may feel more money should be available for his department but in most places you have to be in the upper percentiles professionally not to feel this. Incidentally, Spain has some thing like 20% unemployment overall and 45% for young people. Every time a Spanish broadcaster or theatrical distributor buys in an International product rather than finance a domestic production it impacts their employment market, should he be turning down this work to protect you rate in America? We are all to a certain extent a reflection of the clients we have and they of us. There could be many reasons why the OP requested ideas on how to engineer something with the resources available but I'm guessing wanting to feel bad about who he's working for was not 1 of them, so why go there, too may "nonclients" of your own?

I feel suitably chastised.  Sorry, for being un-empathetic.