Colouring mics to match hair

thope

Hey Trevor 'The Butcher Shop' in Northbridge (it's on the main strip about four blocks from the station) is graffiti shop that has some great paint pens in almost every colour imaginable. Personally I prefer Molotow but for non sound reasons. The staff there are helpful and not usual graff hardcore stance. 

Posca's will clean ff the mic easier afterwards but I am not sure how well they will deal with salt water.

http://www.thebutchershop.com.au

On 22.3.2016 at 0:46 AM, thope said:

I think any colouring with Copic markers is there to stay

Got some Copic markers and tried on the B6 Kevlar cable: Removable with alcohol (takes the most colour, but residue is left) - acetone/nail polish remover (takes the colour residue) - alcohol again to remove the remover. I doubt the nail polish remover would do good to the cable in the long run.

Ah, and it works, but colors turn out lighter on the Kevlar cable. so stick to the darker colours to get more than just very sublte results.

On 23.3.2016 at 10:08 PM, mulluysavage said:

Do Copics work on Overcovers?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

did not try yet, but interesting question. With just the markers it would take probably very long to colour one Overcover. I tried it on a bunch of them with textile dye once which absolutely did not work. But you can buy refill liquid for the Copics and this might be an option.