Audio Ltd 1010 Review

Ty Ford

Hey Ty, good review! You said they ( audio Ltd and Lectro) sounded 'equal'.Audio Ltd 1010 ( single receiver) $2849 USD, 1010 TX (single) $2000 :makes it total of $ 4849 for a 1 Tx/RX set .Lectro SRb/c (dual receiver)  $2299,TX Lectro SSM (much smaller than 1010 TX) 2x $1410,--USD (total $5119,--). That makes a 270,-- price diff between a single and a dual set....How much is, and when will the dual receiver be available? I mean, who is going to buy this 'slot' receiver,ready for the SL-6,when it's just 1 channel?? I bought my first Audio Limited's (Tx Rx 2000's) in 1991 and they served me for many,many years,but in the dualslot market they are...not there!Kish,when can we expect duals?And if ,in the near future, are they going to be around $ 6000,-- ?If so....I really wonder who will buy them? Regards,David C

Hi David. You are. of course, trying to compare a digital single channel Rx system with an analogue dual system. Hardly a fair comparison.How many channels of Lectro can you get into a 6MHz (or in UK an 8MHz) block? Lectro SSM is of course analogue, so you are again comparing table tennis balls and avocados.

On another tack - I can tell you that Audio Ltd are very aware of what they need to produce (ie a twin channel Rx) and are working at it full steam ahead. It wont be next week or next month, but it will probably be in the next 12 months or maybe less. I suspect it will be worth the wait.

Someone else pointed out that the current 1010 single Rx is incredibly light (I thought the first one they handed me was an empty box) and they are dead skinny. Tape two together and they will feel like one of someone else's Rx's ;-)

On the question of price - why would anyone even consider buying anything other than SD? BUT THEY DO!!! Horses for courses, each to his/her own etc.... Why do Zaxcom/Aaton Digital/Sonosax/Aeta have any kind of market at all - because people all have different priorities and requirements. It makes what we do interesting!!!

Kindest,

Simon B

Regarding sound quality I say put it through the paces with a wireless boom setup. That would be much more telling. I mean a Sanken is only going to sound so good.

On that topic.. Does Audio LTD have a 1010 plug-on transmitter in the works?

PS.. Ty, thank you for the thorough review. Interesting read. 

One follow up question.. Did you get a sense of how well the Bluetooth remote control app works. Particularly, how close do you need to be to the transmitter?