very mobile, lightweight setup for soundblankets

Matthias Richter

I was looking for a solution to have my soundblankets set up in a fast, easy, lightweight way without spending a fortune.

Here is what I have found:

my 8 blankets are 2mx1,80m. Folded 1 time makes them thicker and even more effective but can be used unfolded if I need to treat larger spaces.

Use fiber bares for tents crossed and slipped into the 4 corners (X-point is fixed). Use cheap mic-stands fully extended to hold the whole thing up in the air (using the O-ring in the mid). All you need to borrow are some sand-bags from grip to secure the stands.

If you wanna treat a hard surface (wall) you don´t even need the stands. Just lean them against the wall!

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1001.jpg

On 4/4/2016 at 10:17 AM, Matthias Richter said:

Use fiber bares for tents crossed and slipped into the 4 corners (X-point is fixed).

Very nice indeed. Did you go to a seamstress to fasten the bits of canvas to the blankets, or did you do this yourself? I'd like to hear a bit more about this part was achieved. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...