NAB rumor, speculation, and dreams thread

Shastapete

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no speculations but have dreams...

New SD machine in 7 series league, 12+ channel.

Tiny Zaxcom cameralink transmitter. ~3, 3.5 oz..

Carbon fiber quick-releases, shock mounts and windshields...

Battery door/Power on/off button design update for TRX742.

I can only hope for stuff that stops annoyances.  A fully collapsible mic basket that I can shove in a pocket.  A radio TX with an integrated (replaceable) lithium rechargeable battery that has its own battery dock for charging overnight while still in its leather case (seriously, this isn't hard).  Stuff that charges via USB.  A special audio socket on cameras, rather than the three XLRs and minijack, the audio socket also carries data so I can see the camera data on my mixer panel (and perhaps a viewfinder image).  An app so I can control my Nomad remotely using my phone, including dragging audio files from it (would be nice to upload clips to Google Drive so I can email links while on the way home).

On 4/7/2016 at 4:58 AM, Matt Brodnick said:

Ktek Catfish

Hope so! :-P

Also hoping to see Saramonic at NAB?! They're UwMic10 system is incredibly affordable, this item will be shipping in June (would be really nice to use this to get rid of the boom pole cable):

CZWqZiLUAAAGr_j.jpg

Will be interesting low end competition for the Rode TX-XLR (for use with their RodeLink system), or Sony UWP-D16 / Sony UTX-P03, or Sennheiser SKP 300 G3, or Audio-Technica ATW-1812D (I think I've listed all the main low budget competition? But even these are much more expensive than the UwMic10).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1187382-REG/rode_tx_xlr_xlr_wireless_transmitter.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025756-REG/sony_uwp_d16_14_bodypack_lav_mic_plug_on_eng_package_ch14.html

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Hope so! :-P

Also hoping to see Saramonic at NAB?! They're UwMic10 system is incredibly affordable, this item will be shipping in June (would be really nice to use this to get rid of the boom pole cable):

CZWqZiLUAAAGr_j.jpg

Will be interesting low end competition for the Rode TX-XLR (for use with their RodeLink system), or Sony UWP-D16 / Sony UTX-P03, or Sennheiser SKP 300 G3, or Audio-Technica ATW-1812D (I think I've listed all the main low budget competition? But even these are much more expensive than the UwMic10).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1187382-REG/rode_tx_xlr_xlr_wireless_transmitter.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025756-REG/sony_uwp_d16_14_bodypack_lav_mic_plug_on_eng_package_ch14.html

I wonder if they're going to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit from Sony and/or Panasonic?

I do notice with interest that none of B&H or Amazon.com (only available on Amazon via a 3rd party seller) or Adorama are selling the Saramonic UwMic10.....  I wonder if it is because they're being cautious for legal reasons and/or Sony (or others) have sent legal threats which made them pull back. 

I would like to see a SL6B, an additional module to fit on top of the SL6, no battery slot and with analog out, would have an extra set of RF out so it can hookup to SL6 antenna in ( one set of antenna for the two units ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, pvanstry said:

I would like to see a SL6B, an additional module to fit on top of the SL6, no battery slot and with analog out, would have an extra set of RF out so it can hookup to SL6 antenna in ( one set of antenna for the two units ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so the PSC sixpack? 

http://www.professionalsound.com/specs/six_pack.html

Edit: I guess it would be missing the superslot connection and control, but your other features are there

10 hours ago, Nathaniel Robinson said:

Would like to see a Zaxcom Maxx II, with any/all of the following: 4 fader add on, Zaxnet, Touch/Nomad/Mix 8 compatibility, wideband UHF transmitter.

Stripped down Zaxcom Oasis, more of an updated Mix 8.

SuperSlot integration with Sound Devices 633, like an SL4.

Have a look at the Sonosax SX-R4+

Constantine:

That's hard to believe when all they (ATS) do is audio. 

The other Nagra (Kudelski Group) is the company which doesn't care about audio so much anymore. Maybe a mix-up?

NJT:

I think a lot of Nagras's time is taken up by developing gear for secret services/MOD. This is what I've heard anyway.

As most JW Sound people know, Stefan Kudelski invented the Nagra recorder, founded the company that built it and enjoyed great success in its development. From early on a number of government agencies in both Europe and the US contracted for specialty gear for espionage work and related activities. In one example, Kudelski built a cylindrical recorder that fit into a torpedo tube that could record data as it traveled. This government work soon equalled or exceeded the value of the development of professional audio recorders.

Kudelski had a very fertile mind and used company resources to develop a fax system to alert yachtsmen of weather conditions and involved the company in some joint projects with other companies. Not all of these endeavors were profitable. One in particular, a portable 2-inch video recorder developed in association with Ampex (if I recall correctly), nearly bankrupted the company. While they were busy perfecting an elegant 2-inch machine, others were bringing out 1-inch machines and the business all went that way.

Stefan Kudelski's son saved the company by developing decoder boxes for pay TV. That proved to be a very lucrative market and soon the pro audio machines, while valued as the company's heritage, became a small entity within the larger company.

In 2012 Pascal Maraux, Stefan Kudelski's son in law, spun off the audio business into a new company, Audio Technology Switzerland. Margaritte Kudelski, Stefan Kudelski's daughter*, was a partner in this new enterprise. In addition to the professional and hifi audio business, the new company also assumed the specialty security business with its CIA (etc.) contracts. Cyber security remained with the Kudelski Group.

David

*Margaritte is not Pacal's wife; he is married to another Kudelski daughter