NAB rumor, speculation, and dreams thread

Shastapete

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jose Frias said:

It only works in single mode like the RX200, so it'll only receive from one transmitter, including the new ZHD, but it will also do stereo modulation from stereo transmitters so it can do two channels of audio.

so it cannot receive audio from two different talent ZHD transmitters,right? Is there any option for that?

1 hour ago, resonate said:

so it cannot receive audio from two different talent ZHD transmitters,right? Is there any option for that?

Correct. Currently there's no receiver that will work in dual mode with two ZHD transmitters. Once NAB is over, they'll be able to better determine if it's possible to make dual mode work with ZHD on the current 4-channel receivers (QRX200, 235, 212) in the future.

26 minutes ago, VAS said:

Is the SRX220 compatibility with SL-6?

...and right now I just killed the English grammar

SRX220 is super slot and SL-6 compatible.

36 minutes ago, VAS said:

688, SL-6, Zaxcom TRXLT3, SRX220: Best combo out there.

I was starting to look very critically at my Wisycom and think the same thing but the SRX220 being single channel (excluding stereo modulation) is a deal breaker for me. That means only 3 channels through SL-6.

I'll keep watching the development for sure though. I believe very strongly in standardization, especially open standards like SuperSlot and I find it very encouraging and exciting to see Zaxcom joining the standard. I asked Glenn a few months back when he did a Gotham Sound Livestream if he would consider joining SuperSlot and I'm thrilled to see it come true. A dual channel SuperSlot rx, let's call it SQRX220, might just have me on board.

1 hour ago, Matthew Sonnenfeld said:

I was starting to look very critically at my Wisycom and think the same thing but the SRX220 being single channel (excluding stereo modulation) is a deal breaker for me. That means only 3 channels through SL-6.

I'll keep watching the development for sure though. I believe very strongly in standardization, especially open standards like SuperSlot and I find it very encouraging and exciting to see Zaxcom joining the standard. I asked Glenn a few months back when he did a Gotham Sound Livestream if he would consider joining SuperSlot and I'm thrilled to see it come true. A dual channel SuperSlot rx, let's call it SQRX220, might just have me on board.

It was the most they could fit into a slot form for a fully digital RF system. There's still quite a few good uses even with the single transmitter limitation.

For SuperCMIT users, a TRX742/3 with the AES42 cone will transmit both channels to the SRX220. The Camera Link will also transmit two channels and timecode to this receiver for a great camera hop system. Or if you need one channel of zaxcom wireless with ZHD and transmitter recording.

1 hour ago, Jose Frias said:

It was the most they could fit into a slot form for a fully digital RF system. There's still quite a few good uses even with the single transmitter limitation.

For SuperCMIT users, a TRX742/3 with the AES42 cone will transmit both channels to the SRX220. The Camera Link will also transmit two channels and timecode to this receiver for a great camera hop system. Or if you need one channel of zaxcom wireless with ZHD and transmitter recording.

How do you access the second channel when used as a hop? Is there a 5-pin output option?

34 minutes ago, Matt Bacon AMPS said:

How do you access the second channel when used as a hop? Is there a 5-pin output option?

There is no 5-pin output option a la SRb5bp that I'm aware of if that's what you mean.

If you're referring to using it with cameras with the built in unislot, I personally don't have any experience with this receiver yet, so maybe Jack or Glenn can chime in. I do know that it will work with current slot receiver accessories like the Ambient VSLOT, etc. This receiver will also do AES, so if the camera has AES inputs, that's also an alternative.

4 hours ago, Matthew Sonnenfeld said:

I was thinking the same thing. There are definitely a bunch of good uses for the SRx! But I also think that if it were able to receive 2 mono channels or a new version of it was able to, (even if it only was half of the current wideband, say 20-23 & 24-26 like their Tx's) I think it would open Zaxcom up to a bigger market of people who already own SL-6's, or just mixers looking to keep their bag as small as possible with the most amount of wireless channels. Dual Rxs seem to be in high demand for the bag these days. Especially in this time when people are looking to get their bags as small as possible while also having a lot of wireless channels to manage. 

23 hours ago, PalmerT said:

I was thinking the same thing. There are definitely a bunch of good uses for the SRx! But I also think that if it were able to receive 2 mono channels or a new version of it was able to, (even if it only was half of the current wideband, say 20-23 & 24-26 like their Tx's) I think it would open Zaxcom up to a bigger market of people who already own SL-6's, or just mixers looking to keep their bag as small as possible with the most amount of wireless channels. Dual Rxs seem to be in high demand for the bag these days. Especially in this time when people are looking to get their bags as small as possible while also having a lot of wireless channels to manage. 

Stacking single receivers will use more power and take more space then duals. I don't see people buying them for SL6 considering they can only use 3.