NAB rumor, speculation, and dreams thread

Shastapete

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of god, please let Sound Devices be releasing a higher track count machine that is equal to or greater than the quality of a 788, that is not in the 6 or 9 series. No baby steps either, lets have at least 16 inputs!

11 minutes ago, JonG said:

For the love of god, please let Sound Devices be releasing a higher track count machine that is equal to or greater than the quality of a 788, that is not in the 6 or 9 series. No baby steps either, lets have at least 16 inputs!

+1, but dubious....

While on the subject of SD:

--ext clock i/o for 633

--bring back CLink.

Yes! I think it's high time for a four digit number. Let's have the 7816... Or something like that

I think it would also be kinda cool to have our future 7816 with a MonoMix In which would route to a mix track, or work as a return in. That way, those of us using analog boards can record our mix tracks without sacrificing an input. 

Are we speculating or wishing here???

Rumors about what's coming out at NAB? Without breaking any (spoken) NDAs??? Can't really say anything!

But as Jack said:

2 hours ago, Jack Norflus said:

Stop by booth C7133 and be prepared to be blown away .

I suspect that Sound Devices definitely has something brewing too. Just don't know what it is yet...

11 hours ago, VAS said:

Just a simple, eight digital wireless receiver, rack mount and Dante.

I think 10 channels makes more sense, but that's me. Seeing how shallow the Venue is, I think two more rows behind it would be enough to contain 4 more modules to bring it up to 10. And it still wouldn't be 20" deep. 

Still waiting on Ambient to release wifi control of 6 series. Heard rumors of it coming to Master Lockit. That would be nice to see. More expensive than the Beetle but more functionality so maybe. CL-Wifi I expect will not be developed further as the chips are getting difficult to source and wireless control can be left to companies like Ambient and TC Buddy.  Would also like to see a backlit Lockit Slate. I really love my 688 and the large ecosystem that SD has built around it. Happy to see it expand so much in just a year and looking forward to the SL-6 RF scan and whatever else may be coming. I would not replace with a 7 series update unless it were able to use SL-6 and CL-12. Also looking forward to VDB maybe releasing their new poles.

A linear fader, flat bed digital DC powered mixer, with analog front end and integrated digital recorder from SD.  12 High Quality Mic Pres, with LED indicators rings found similar on CL9 with a truly sunlight readable easy to use touchscreen GUI.  Touch sensitive fader and rotary trim controls with instant user feedback  Extensive I/O which will include analog, Dante and AES .  Slate Mic Inputs, Comm Line Inputs the works, all for under 20k