Jump to content

NAB rumor, speculation, and dreams thread


Shastapete
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/11/2016 at 5:56 PM, IronFilm said:

Hope so! :-P

Also hoping to see Saramonic at NAB?! They're UwMic10 system is incredibly affordable, this item will be shipping in June (would be really nice to use this to get rid of the boom pole cable):

CZWqZiLUAAAGr_j.jpg

 

Will be interesting low end competition for the Rode TX-XLR (for use with their RodeLink system), or Sony UWP-D16 / Sony UTX-P03, or Sennheiser SKP 300 G3, or Audio-Technica ATW-1812D (I think I've listed all the main low budget competition? But even these are much more expensive than the UwMic10).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1187382-REG/rode_tx_xlr_xlr_wireless_transmitter.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025756-REG/sony_uwp_d16_14_bodypack_lav_mic_plug_on_eng_package_ch14.html

 

Ah, good, found out they will be there:

Booth #C12 042

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Jose Frias said:

There is no 5-pin output option a la SRb5bp that I'm aware of if that's what you mean.

If you're referring to using it with cameras with the built in unislot, I personally don't have any experience with this receiver yet, so maybe Jack or Glenn can chime in. I do know that it will work with current slot receiver accessories like the Ambient VSLOT, etc. This receiver will also do AES, so if the camera has AES inputs, that's also an alternative.

Ok. Thanks for the update. I'll await further details. Hopefully won't be missed opportunity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably my favorite of the announcements so far. TX with IFB return. Could be a great solution for boom operators, news, sports, talent line feeding, etc.

https://www.gothamsound.com/product/trxfb-ifbbodypack-transceiver?utm_source=Gotham+Gazette&utm_campaign=66a76b8347-zaxcom-nab-2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8cbb4c598a-66a76b8347-204829349

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Matthew Sonnenfeld said:

Probably my favorite of the announcements so far. TX with IFB return. Could be a great solution for boom operators, news, sports, talent line feeding, etc.

https://www.gothamsound.com/product/trxfb-ifbbodypack-transceiver?utm_source=Gotham+Gazette&utm_campaign=66a76b8347-zaxcom-nab-2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8cbb4c598a-66a76b8347-204829349

This is actually one of the things I was most excited about as well!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've actually been hoping for a robust wireless boom op system with talk back that didn't involve 3+ boxes. Last year I put together a Remote Audio boom cable system for this very reason. I just did not want to spend on a wireless that didn't really do it all so I did the hardwired thing to save some cash... until now???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matthew Sonnenfeld said:

I've actually been hoping for a robust wireless boom op system with talk back that didn't involve 3+ boxes. Last year I put together a Remote Audio boom cable system for this very reason. I just did not want to spend on a wireless that didn't really do it all so I did the hardwired thing to save some cash... until now???

This would still require at least a phantom power box, so it may not be exactly right for a small boom solution, but hopefully will be extended to a new unit surgically for boom ops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On April 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM, RadoStefanov said:

Some very cool things coming from MozeGear as well. Check them out.

9f5c9e_aa6cfad379f24dada4a17f21c6cf84b1.9f5c9e_ef6a8a2e42d64ce88d35ed0a7984f0ea.9f5c9e_a5e3cff71a754c98b39537a6101f8672.

Thanks Rado, 

We are excited about the new products.  All 3 are very small and we feel very versatile.  Looking forward to your input down the road.

 

On April 16, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Philip Perkins said:

Interested in any reports on the new Mozie stuff!

 

We have to send some back with Conrad so you can give us your opinion.  Coming to the "bay area" soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Laurie Webb said:

Thanks Rado, 

We are excited about the new products.  All 3 are very small and we feel very versatile.  Looking forward to your input down the road.

 

We have to send some back with Conrad so you can give us your opinion.  Coming to the "bay area" soon!

for the mini pip , does it drive by AA battery?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On April 18, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Gerard-NYNY said:

Thanks - coming soon!

2 minutes ago, joinwooHK said:

for the mini pip , does it drive by AA battery?

No it is externally powered although it has alternative powering available through a micro usb. This keeps the unit small, lightweight, so that it can be easily used in a boom op bag or on a camera.  It can also be placed in remote situations without having to worry about battery life.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Laurie Webb said:

Thanks - coming soon!

No it is externally powered although it has alternative powering available through a micro usb. This keeps the unit small, lightweight, so that it can be easily used in a boom op bag or on a camera.  It can also be placed in remote situations without having to worry about battery life.  

i'm a wondering if anyone makes some type of 2x 9v battery sled to hirose or something on that order? there are usb type battery thingys all over ebay i guess some of them actually work and hold a charge. slap something together and hang it on yer belt with a zfr 100 and you're good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gerard-NYNY said:

i'm a wondering if anyone makes some type of 2x 9v battery sled to hirose or something on that order? there are usb type battery thingys all over ebay i guess some of them actually work and hold a charge. slap something together and hang it on yer belt with a zfr 100 and you're good to go.

Hawk-woods makes single Sony np battery sled to hirose 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 18.4.2016 at 3:25 PM, Matthew Sonnenfeld said:

Probably my favorite of the announcements so far. TX with IFB return. Could be a great solution for boom operators, news, sports, talent line feeding, etc.

https://www.gothamsound.com/product/trxfb-ifbbodypack-transceiver?utm_source=Gotham+Gazette&utm_campaign=66a76b8347-zaxcom-nab-2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8cbb4c598a-66a76b8347-204829349

The release date was set to August. Any news on when the TRXFB is shipping?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...