Sonosax SX-ST available

David Waelder

There is a Sonosax SX-ST for sale on Ebay. This is the big Sonosax, not the "little" ES64 or one of the earlier models (all of them still excellent); it's the current version console mixer. This particular example has 9 inputs.

So far there are no bids. The seller has a Buy-It-Now price of only $8000 but bids are accepted starting at $4000. (This is for a mixer that normally sells for about $25,000 new.) There are only about fourteen hours left in this auction period - it expires a bit after 11 AM tomorrow, April 10 (California time). Of course it may be re-listed.

The seller is located in Lausanne, Switzerland.

I apologize for the short notice. I've been turning things around in my mind trying to find some justification to purchase it for myself but it just makes no sense for me. It would just be a piece of sculpture.

This is the Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231897695703?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have no association with the sale or the seller.

David

Sonosax_s-l1600.jpg

It's an SX-T, not an SX-ST. I think the SX-T evolved into the SX-VT series. It has 12 inputs (9 are mono and 3 are stereo). While the SX-ST series offers 8, 10 or 12 input models, the SX-T (and SX-VT) starts at 12 inputs and goes to 48. I think both are models are made to be "mobile" or at least in a mobile studio instead of being installed in a studio space. But I think most people putting a new sonosax board on a sound cart have bought the SX-ST (but I'm in that group, so maybe that's why I'm assuming that). 

Well, you should ask the person listing the mixer for a definitive answer. (It's been re-listed.)

Here's the new listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231910121993?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But, from the pictures, I would say yes to both questions. There is a 4-pin XLR with an adjacent label "EXT IN." And, each of the nine regular analog inputs has a "LINE OUT" jack immediately below. I don't know how the stereo inputs might be routed other than through the regular mix and aux buses. I'm just interpreting what I see in the photo.

Again, I have no connection with the listing or the seller. My only interest is in seeing that a splendid piece of gear - or so it appears - find an appreciative home.

David

SonosaxBackPanel.jpg