Spot the mistake!

Siddho

Yes, you are totally being a nerd. And I see the mistake, and would have probably posted something about it if I saw it. So I salute my fellow nerd... Unless maybe that beige thing in the lower left is the top of a Tardis; that could explain it. :-)  #nerdsrule 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chris Thueson said:

Hmm, I was going to say that I don't think that model of Rycote blimp existed in the 90s. I'm a nerd, but not a Dr Who nerd, so I'm at a loss for what everyone else is getting at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing.

To me it looks more like a softie, gaff-taped to the shock mount (brilliant). And - It doesn't look to me like it's pointed at anyone in particular. Also, the wind foam on the SM58 looks like it's loosely hanging on top of the mic, rather than being snugly fit, but that could just be deceptive light/shadow stuff going on in the picture.

What else?

No, that is definetely a Rycote S300, although where it's mounted on the boom does look a bit weird. With the S300 you could mount the pods anyway you wanted and if you had various sizes you could mix and match them. So just because the shorter bit is pointed towards the speaker, doesn't meant it's the wrong way around. To me it looks like both pods are the same length so it's hard to say