2,4G Wireless on SX-R4+?

Tong0615

It's a wifi module so you can use an interface for the recorder through a web browser (no apps required).  More similar to nomad touch, cl-wifi etc (but doesn't need a cable).

The earlier versions had the antenna inside the machine, however it caused a problem with some low level noise in the audio when the wifi was being use

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:03 AM, Richard Thomas said:

It's a wifi module so you can use an interface for the recorder through a web browser (no apps required).  More similar to nomad touch, cl-wifi etc (but doesn't need a cable).

The earlier versions had the antenna inside the machine, however it caused a problem with some low level noise in the audio when the wifi was being use

The Sonosax is a lot more advanced then Zaxcom Touch. The sonosax is wireless and not an app.

Touch is wired.

Zaxcom really drop the ball on the Touch. Its a shame considering how well it would have served me wirelessly. In the bag it is worthless!

While I am not familiar with the Sonosax, wireless VS wired is not a measure of how advanced a product is. If someone wanted to use the touch in a wireless mode is easy to do but it is not recommended. I like our products to function under all circumstances not just when Wifi channels are favorable. There have been other WiFi solutions put out that were dismal failures we do not want to go there. But if that is what you want you can get it set up.

Glenn

4 hours ago, glenn said:

While I am not familiar with the Sonosax, wireless VS wired is not a measure of how advanced a product is. If someone wanted to use the touch in a wireless mode is easy to do but it is not recommended. I like our products to function under all circumstances not just when Wifi channels are favorable. There have been other WiFi solutions put out that were dismal failures we do not want to go there. But if that is what you want you can get it set up.

Glenn

By the same logic we should run wired lavs to all telent but I am not going to argue wired vs wireless.

And by the same logic Zaxnet is not recommended because it is wifi.

Glenn Please...

No Rado. Zaxnet is not WiFi at all. In fact it is completely different. It only shares the 2.4 gig band with WiFi.

We use wireless mics because we have to. Going with a cable in a sound bag for touch is just good practice. WiFi would not be as reliable and the last thing we need is more wireless stuff on set. Hardwire where possible. If you need a WiFi touch then you can do it. 

Glenn

45 minutes ago, glenn said:

If you need a WiFi touch then you can do it. 

How would you go about that?

I can see advantages with both cabled and wireless control, depending on the situation.

The Sonosax does drop the connection if you leave it for a while, but is just a case of clicking the 'connect' button again

40 minutes ago, Jose Frias said:

Sam Kashefi was able to do a wireless Nomad Touch solution by using the Kangaroo PC hardwired to the Nomad, and using an iOS app to remote desktop into the Kangaroo PC from his iPhone.

Looked very robust. Delay was barely noticeable.

Seems a bit complicated- would a serial to Bluetooth/wifi adapter work?

I'm using Nomad Touch on my Ipad via wifi. It's not ideal but better than having a full size usb connector attached to a tablet in the bag.

You can use a wifi hotspot app like Connectify to be able to have a peer-to-peer network. The range is enough to burry the mini-pc in the bag and walk around with an iphone or Ipad.

There is a module to transcode serial to wifi signal, but it's too technical for me to figure it out. it's called ESP8266. 

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg