Cedar DNS 2 Portable NR unit

The rally issues were a problem with the venue’s surround:  they had only RT. 

Bernie’s have only LT.

(I’m old enough to remember when political gatherings had an actual C. Not even Dolby can derive good Dialog from just one side.)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is interesting but as a post mixer I have to say that I would definitely want to do this processing myself, not have it done for me on set. In fact to be honest, if a project came to me with both

Cool. Gear is amazing. Not for production sound. CrewC

Hmmmm, I suppose one can make an argument for it in a given situation but it asks yet other questions.  Is this then just part of your rig? No extra charge? If they won't pay for real post I doubt the

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

I just finished a movie with 6 models in Bikini's. I had no control over mic placement because they did not want me, a male, to touch them. Needless to say i had some clothing rub. Will Cedar help with clothing rub. We also shot in a hot tub and at a water fall.

On 2/24/2020 at 11:06 PM, Matthias Richter said:

after a software update the DNS2 got a HPF. But in my experience if you‘ve got dialog on top of a low freq noise you‘ll still get those pumping / gate effects

Try disabling the [Learn]-function and listen if you get less pumping.

Of course it won't catch dynamic noise sources, but it will still do noise reduction based on the noise floor analyzed before disabling the [Learn]-function.

Have a nice weekend

Fred

30 minutes ago, newzhack said:

I just finished a movie with 6 models in Bikini's. I had no control over mic placement because they did not want me, a male, to touch them. Needless to say i had some clothing rub. Will Cedar help with clothing rub. We also shot in a hot tub and at a water fall.

It will attenuate some of the noise from the hot tub and the water fall, for sure.

Clothing noise, a bit, depending on the level and composition of the noise. The Izotope RX De-rustle plug-in can also help out a bit. And if you go for post production processing, the Izotope Voice Denoiser is really good for noise reduction.

I used the Cedar for a live streaming last week, for a clothing company. The host tried different jackets and coats, and the Cedar noise reduction helped out - no hidden lavs though, but still.

Cheers

Fred