Tascam dr 701d with sound devices 302

japz

The 302 does not have direct outputs. I don't know if the 701 has an internal software mixer.. If it does, Internal software mixers are not much good for mixing on-the-fly. Otherwise, you could split three mics to both devices and mix to one track. Sorry, I don't think there are many mixing options with that set-up

29 minutes ago, japz said:

How about i ran a cable to the left and right put and feed that to the channel 1&2 of the tascam, can this work? Thanks guys

of course it can work, but you're not getting 3 ISOs and a Mix out of 2 outputs ; )
your problem is that the 302 is a 3 inputs to 2 track mixer, and you want 4 tracks.

it seems that you need to read up on some basics since these are not device specific questions but fundamentals.

but to answer your question (which has already been answered twice in this thread):
no recorder will allow 3 ISOs and a Mix with the 302 as front end.

1 hour ago, chrismedr said:

of course it can work, but you're not getting 3 ISOs and a Mix out of 2 outputs ; )
your problem is that the 302 is a 3 inputs to 2 track mixer, and you want 4 tracks.

it seems that you need to read up on some basics since these are not device specific questions but fundamentals.

but to answer your question (which has already been answered twice in this thread):
no recorder will allow 3 ISOs and a Mix with the 302 as front end.

Hi chris 

last question 😁 If i have the sound devices 302 hook to dr701tascam how many iso track i can record?  Im kinda confused 

thanks 

The 302 does not output any ISO tracks. The 302 only outputs L Mix and R Mix. The Tascam can record four inputs of anything you send it. You can use the Tascam to record the L Mix track and R Mix track from your 302, but these are not ISO tracks, these are two Mix tracks. You need a different mixer that can output ISO tracks (called "Direct Out").

(This post represents a deliberate oversimplification in the interests of clarity).

22 minutes ago, Jamie Tongue said:

The 302 does not output any ISO tracks. The 302 only outputs L Mix and R Mix. The Tascam can record four inputs of anything you send it. You can use the Tascam to record the L Mix track and R Mix track from your 302, but these are not ISO tracks, these are two Mix tracks. You need a different mixer that can output ISO tracks (called "Direct Out").

(This post represents a deliberate oversimplification in the interests of clarity).

Thanks