EEEee AAAhhh oooOOh Ahhh--Hmmm...Twenty bucks? I'll try it.

Gerard-NYNY

I have the exact same headset. However I'm new and starting out and looking to save every penny, so I thought why not? And the reviews I read online appear to be very good for its price. Does the job for me! (but be aware my standards might not be as discerning as others here? Plus I have nothing better to compare with....  likely next year I might upgrade to the likes of a Senal SMH-1000, which is more expensive but still very affordable)

I have a set of Tascam HPs that were included with something I bought a few years ago. (don't recall or have immediate access to the mod # at the moment). They sound freak'n awful and are flimsy. My (expendable) $7 Panasonics I hand out w/ IFBs sound much better.

That said, HPs are a personal choice, in sound and comfort. This has been discussed at length here. Search if you're interested.

just received and verdict listening to mp3s on the laptop: starkly different from my usual ultrasone pro 650, of course.

the tascams remind me of the sounds of the 70's coming out of marantz fm stereos; adds a thick, sticky and soupy low end gloss to everything, if memory serves thats the way people listened to stuff back then--too much bass.

stoner black sabbath fans--this is a must have!!

the bass lines on beatles' helter skelter were prominent, for once, so much so that it sounds like a different mix, as it should, with mids and highs lacking a significant amount of bite, drums way out front. like, rockin man!! but still thick and soupy.

i could definitely see people laying down music tracks with these and a second pair of whatever for comparisons or serious mixing down the road,

so-so in the comfort department. ear cups on the small side, so i have to squeeze the tops in a bit. people are modding these so when the time comes to replace the cups i'll look around. the build quality seems pretty good.

i haven't recorded dialogue with them yet, but i know what i'm in for.

definitely worth the money, and much lighter than the ultrasone set.