Wisycom Setup Issues

Geoff Tirrell

Ok so I took the plunge on a MCR 42 slot setup for my camera a couple of months back and have been unable to deploy it for 2 reasons both of which I hope can be chalked up to operator error.

1st, I cannot figure out how to manually enter a frequency and the manual is no help.  No not the group and frequency within the confines of what is offered in the coordinated groups that works fine.  I am talking about the scenario where I am given a pre-coordinated frequency to punch in say for example 542.200, Think hop or coordinated stadium situation.  I find it hard to believe that any professional wireless would not allow for this type of function.

2nd, May be related to the camera I am running it in PMW-400 but I am not convinced something else is not happening in terms of setup error on the reciver side.  From what can tell if I run both channels of wireless at the same time it is choosing to output one of those channels to the camera.  I am pretty sure this camera was designed to accept a duel channel slot receiver but in typical fashion Sony is not entirely forthcoming in their manual.  Also it seems to work fine If I am only running one channel but when I fire up the second i get meters like I have two but only one is passing through on both tracks.

I am currently on the 3.7 firmware If I remember correctly though the later version does not to my knowledge change anything I have mentioned.

PWM400 only allows 2-ch slot input with Sony receivers (DWR-S02d for eg.)

http://www.raycom.co.uk/wisycom-mcr42-el2.html

This gives you an output on the top of the receiver to plug in to the camera XLR inputs to get both channels. I don't know if you can upgrade a regular receiver to the one with top output? Contact Wisycom.