Derek H

NEW: iPower AA batteries. Li-poly rechargeable.

39 minutes ago, Mark O'Russa said:

With no load four batteries measure 6.11 VDC. I can't measure them in the flash units because the battery doors complete the connection.

Perhaps these flash units need a quick surge of power to turn in that these batteries can't supply? Having a regulated voltage means that the current is likely limited too.

Mark

Mark, That's what I was beginining to think, about the big surge for the flash charge. I was sure those batteries would be weird. Just not for the reasons I thought,  not so far anyway.

20 hours ago, Whit Norris said:

The limit of 4 batteries would mean you could not use them in a TC slate.

Whit

the "acn" version of the ambient slate uses 4 batteries

14 hours ago, Mark O'Russa said:

I'm more adventuresome than some. I just tried them in a bunch of products with varying results.

My Zaxcom TRX900LA, ERX2TCD, and ERX2 power up just fine. My TRX 742 does not power up unless I have one other type of battery mixed in. That's disappointing.

The Yongnuo YN600EX-RT, Canon 430EX II, and an old Sunpak speedlite will not power on without mixing another battery in. The Yongnuo YN-E3-RT does power up without issue.

I'm not sure what's different about these batteries and it's disappointing that they don't seem to work in some products. For my purposes of using them in my Zaxcom tx they seem to work. A day on the job will be a better test.

Mark

my trx742 fires up with the ipowers,  and I get 3.5hrs out of them which is not much more than with the eneloop pros.  we tend to run the 742 at 125mw all the time,  on our set.

2 hours ago, ao said:

the "acn" version of the ambient slate uses 4 batteries

my trx742 fires up with the ipowers,  and I get 3.5hrs out of them which is not much more than with the eneloop pros.  we tend to run the 742 at 125mw all the time,  on our set.

I wouldn't stick those in anything I own. They are just too odd.