SD302 Headphone Socket Repair

GlennP

Hi,

Just done a repair to a Sound Devices SD302 headphone socket. Was a fairly easy  job. SD supplied the part to do the fix. Part numbers are on the pics.

Remove side panel and XLRs from the SD302 and you should have enough space to work. The original socket had its PCB connector glued to the 

receptacle on the board. This glue comes off with a sharp flat driver. simply install the new PCB connector and do the reverse of the dismantle to re-assemble.

20160408_150126.jpg

20160408_150420.jpg

20160408_150652.jpg

20160408_151023.jpg

sd302 cc.gif

Only thing I had to do was trim the heatshrink on the new socket to make it fit better.

• 3 years later...

Hi Glenn, recently I adquired an used 302 and seems to have issues with the headphone jack, the gain is a bit low with a pair of sonys 7506, and the left channel is gone, do you think it may be the same problem as yours? could you tell me the parts you used for this fix? thanks, and hope you read this, this repply it's like 4 years appart haha

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:20 AM, Angel said:

Hi Glenn, recently I adquired an used 302 and seems to have issues with the headphone jack, the gain is a bit low with a pair of sonys 7506, and the left channel is gone, do you think it may be the same problem as yours? could you tell me the parts you used for this fix? thanks, and hope you read this, this repply it's like 4 years appart haha

See photo number 1. The part numbers stickers are in the shot.

<This glue comes off with a sharp flat driver. 

Dangerous... Instead - dab some IsoPropyl Alcohol on it. Wait 5 seconds, it will come off with no effort, using a pair of tweezers. Recommended method from SD service dept. Been doing repairs on SD stuff last three years... 

Use a glue gun on the new Board connector...   

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2020 at 11:20 AM, Angel said:

Hey guys, I’ve got an SD302 where the left headphone output is much lower than the right. It’s that way in all modes and I’m certain it isn’t the cans. Does this sound like something a headphone jack replacement would fix? Actual levels out are fine it’s just when monitoring via the headphones jack. 

-Walter

I would kind of doubt the HP jack if different sets of HPs exhibits the same behavior and no visual damage or feel of the plug/jack connection  is apparent.

Call SD directly and ask them, they have always been helpful in my experience and their customer service is legendary.