Skype and Macbook Pro USB/HDMI ports

Here's my issue. I work on a small video production using an SD 442 mixer. The show now wants to incorporate Skype calls into the show. I plan on using a Turtle Beach Amigo II USB card to send the Skype caller's audio from the Macbook's USB port to a speaker so the host can hear the caller and also to send the host's microphone back to the Skype caller from a direct out of the 442. Simple. The problem arises when the director needs to use the HDMI port to send the Skype caller's audio and video as an ISO source to an external recording device. My thought is that the USB and HDMI ports do NOT work independently of each other and that the HDMI port will override what I'm trying to accomplish with the USB port. Does this sound correct? I need the two ports to work independently of each other and not interfere with each other. Thanks for any advice!

• 4 weeks later...

Why don't you just pull your audio feed from the TV hooked up to the HDMI out?   If it is going to a Video/audio recorder then use the recorders headphone or line out.   It should be the same quality as the HDMI recording since it is getting a PCM signal over the HDMI cable.  I think Skype only allows a single output routing and if you imbed the audio in the HDMI would mean it would not feed the USB audio output.  Post could also pull the audio off the HD recording made in the HDMI recorder.  So your audio would probably be superflous except for the local person's ISO recording.