K tek Harness

jwill

I recently ran into a mixer who had the new Ktek Harness and he said he loved it....using with a petrol bag.

I have 2 K Tek bags and use the Porta brace X harness. I have the versa flex and find it too bulky!

Anyone using the KTek and what are your thoughts

The K Tek is even bulkier than the versa flex. It is a bit of a pain to travel with, the rigid spine doesn't allow you to just compress the harness into a little ball like I did with my versa flex. That said, my back absolutely loves the K Tek. And if you keep 4 of the 6 points connected, you can just slide the harness and bag over your head and then clip the last two in. 

I have the new K Tek harness and am definitely a fan. That said, depending on how you wear the harness, and probably depending on your body, the metal clips can dig into your sides. My first inclination was to put the waist straps on top of my hips like you would wear a pack while backpacking. This led to the clips digging into my hip bones, which was not very comfortable. I have since been putting the bottom strap lower on my waist. To me, the ideal scenario would be putting 90 percent of the weight on the hips, then the rest on the shoulders and sides for balance. Not sure if I am missing something, or if I just have a weird body.

This is my first post, and I wanted to thank everyone for all the great information on this site. I have been lurking for a while now and have picked up a lot of valuable information.

I've been using the K Tek harness for a while now and it's great. It's definitely bulkier than a versaflex and takes slightly longer to get in and out of but the reduced fatigue on my back and shoulders make it totally worth it. To speed up strap-in time, I keep the harness attached on one side all the time so i only have to clip/unclip half of it. 

One thing to note was that it did take a bit of tweaking to get the fit just right. Mainly with how far up or down the "ladder" the shoulder straps should go as this takes the longest to adjust. 

I love my K-Tek Harness. Less back aches then when using my older harness.

Only issue I keep having is with the sternum strap. It keeps sliding down and off the adjustable sliding attachement point. I will have to stitch something on to the bottom to prevent it from slipping off. It can be quite tricky to get it back on.