Pelican case dividers

Shastapete

I've just secured a cushy gig for the next 3 months that involves a lot of travel with minimal kit for single sit down interviews. So I want to pare down my usual kit into a carryon sized case.

I currently have the pelican soft dividers in my larger case but I'm not that impressed. I'm thinking I should either go with trekpak or just with soft cases inside the larger case.

What are you guys happy with packing?

I am about to go the trekpak route after trying to make my own dividers with craft wood sheets and industrial velcro. Only worked for a month or so before velcro started working loose. I too am curious what others might suggest before i try trekpak. The pelican dividers seem too thick and sloppy with audio kits

-Ken

In my larger case (1560) I only have 2 soft dividers for a mic section and a spot for my audio bag. I went with the soft case route and have 3 Ktek KGB Gizmo bags organizing everything else (Grip, Lavs, batteries). I could fit 4 of them in a 1510 sized case, but ideally I'd like to have room for a small light stand and ws2 blimp, and I can't do both. My sound bag will travel separate/on top

25 minutes ago, John Blankenship said:

Pelican now sells cases that include TrekPak liners.

They've also added the "AIR" series cases that are up to 40% lighter:

http://www.pelican.com/us/en/air/

I was looking at the air cases but compared to the storm im2500 case it is only 1.12 pounds lighter for $40 more dollars. If I ever need a much larger pelican I'll surely go the air route, for this smaller one I don't think I gain anything for the greater expense

• 3 years later...