new discussion group

Mike Borlace

Hi Jeff,

I am curious about your reasons for starting a new sound discussion group when there is RAMPS, CAS forum and the Recording Arts Forum.  Are you allowing your "enemies" jand people know for flaming to join?  Will you still post on RAMPS in the future now that you have your discussion group? 

I joined up as I have followed your comments on RAMPS and have found them to be very informative.  I hope this group works out well for you.

Mike Borlace

Hi Jeff,

I am curious about your reasons for starting a new sound discussion group when there is RAMPS, CAS forum and the Recording Arts Forum.  Are you allowing your "enemies" jand people know for flaming to join?  Will you still post on RAMPS in the future now that you have your discussion group? 

As I said in one of my opening statements, I consider this discussion group an extension to r.a.m.p.s. and I have every intention of continuing participation in the r.a.m.p.s. newsgroup. I am actually not entirely sure why I started this new group and the comments about my "enemies" was made just for balance --- I don't think I really have enemies per se --- possibly it was just a veiled plea for civility on this forum so that it does not descend into the baser aspects visited on r.a.m.p.s. on ocassion.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Hey Jeff, I think your site has great potential and is a service to our proffession. One thing I think could be fun is old or new photos from jobs past, and present. Sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words as they say. One pic I would love to see again is of you and Dolly Parton from 9 to 5. what do you and others think?

Regards, old school

I like the idea of putting up images particularly from the past (a special treat for all of us old farts --- and I am a lot older than Old School) I just need to figure out how to do attachments and all. Now, if I could just get some of the INCA pictures back from "An Officer and a Gentleman" that would be a good show!

I will put up a space to feature images and maybe we can figure out how to do it.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Best of luck (do you really want another project?!)

Regards,

Scott D. Smith C.A.S.

I have been asking myself the same thing but I am not working at the moment (I suppose that is obvious) so I took this project on. I am not so sure we need yet another avenue of expression but we'll see. Any suggestions from you will be greatly appreciated especially if you come up with some possibly unique and untried ideas to make this sort of thing more useful.

Thanks for joining up...  hope to see you again.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Guest tourtelot

It's funny how we can all tell who's working at a particular time and who's not by how much traffic someone posts to RAMPS or other news group.  What does that mean when you see my posts all the time<g>?

D.

I think it is pretty easy to do. I have posted the majority, maybe all, so far and it seems to be working fine. It is best to choose which board area to post to (and it really doesn't have to be the Images of Interest area) and you Start a New Topic, name it whatever you want, put in a brief description and then attach the file. The file attachment happens in the "Additional Options..." at the bottom left. The only somewhat difficult part is that you have to have already sized the image (both physical display size and file size) so that it can be posted. There is presently a limitation of 128 kb per attachment per post. This could be increased, I believe, if need be. Also, I realize that preparing an image properly may be a challenge for some if they are not so familiar with the various graphic programs available on their computer, but it really isn't all that difficult.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler