Panamic manual/care tips

Nate C

Having used Panamic boom poles for a while, I have never looked at the manual/care tips for their poles. during their working career many times I have disassembled them to do basic cleaning and maintenance. Recently having some carbon fibre splintering, the manual provided the knowledge to breathe new life into one of my poles. For those that have never used or opened a Panamic pole it helps illustrate just how beautifully they are constructed.

For those inclined here is the link. http://www.panamic.net/products/userguide.pdf

Whilst being boring and dry in that typical engineer manner of a manuals, I would have never have been brave enough to put sand paper to a pole otherwise. 

Of all my gear my Panamics are probably the ones that put the biggest smile on my face.

i have done this in the past without having this wonderful comprehensive manual though not the exact same procedure...

As for sand paper - yes of course, a very fine grit can be used - if there is a rough patch or spot. in this regard, the carbon graphite is the same as aluminium or any such. 

On 7/3/2016 at 9:17 PM, Jim Rillie said:

Thanks , Nate,

Excellent addition to the Dropbox RTFM folder for me and my crew.

We have been using these poles for more than 20 years, excellent tools of our trade.

Best,

Jim Rillie

+1 (all my Brit friends will concur for sure)

Hello all, as I wrote in the post on repairing the slipping carbon fiber. If you sand carbon fiber, there is an extreme DANGER. When you sand aluminum or steel, the particulate is very heavy, and simply falls. When you sand carbon fiber, there is a real danger, because the carbon fiber floats around waiting for us to inhale it. This is of course because it is so light, which is why we buy it. But I have broken a lot of CF, some on accident, some on purpose for testing, glued it, and ground it/sanded it, etc. You have to wear protection when sanding it. Do it outside so the particles aren't in your home, workshop, or wherever you don't want it. And you don't want it. CF is a really bad thing to have in your lungs.

• 3 years later...