Currently available single ended cord headphones for Comtek Pr216

Jim Rillie

Hi all,

Gearing up for my next project, and I find I am short a few headsets for the comtek 216s.

Single ended cable is best, and should be relatively cheap, so I can get a few spares. Comtek phones are great but delicate. The sony mdr10s? aren't made anymore, but were very durable. Sennheisers too bassy.  Anything new that meets our needs well?

Best regards,

Jim Rillie

I just got a few Beyerdynamic DT 2 for my new Sennheiser IFB Kit. Really like them. They are cheap, lightweight, sound quite good and have a single-ended cable, which is a bit long though.  I`ve been using them for about two years now, as they always came with a rental IFB Kit. Never got any complaints from clients or directors. Directors use to take Sennheiser HD-25 though, if I let them choose, but I guess that's because they look more professional.

Whatever you do, do not buy Beyerdynamic DTX 350m. I thought these were great (they sound ok), not too cheap, but not too expensive, either. And they fold so storage is easier. So I bought 6 of them. 4 broke during the first three days of usage (literally broke in half), one other is actually still holding up somehow and number six I haven't unpacked...