Very sad news today

Jeff Wexler

Pete Damski, a friend and fellow CAS Board Member, posted on Facebook: 
“Yesterday may have been the worst day of my life.  Sadly I need to let you all know that I lost my beautiful and loving wife Robin Roccaro Damski.  She had foot surgery last Friday and apparently had complications from the surgery.  Her heart failed while in the ambulance on the way from Urgent Care to the ER and they were not able to get her back.  Calling both of our families to share the news made this even more difficult. There is an incredible void in my life right now and I'm not sure how or why this happened.  I know I need to keep moving forward and I do so with heartache.  I thank you all for your continued love and support through this difficult time.  Emily Nicole and Joe Roccaro had a wonderful mother."

Pete Damski is fully dedicated to our craft, as a mixer, cinema sound professor, CAS board member, our tireless CAS treasurer, and family man. That such a personal tragedy has happened to one of our own, it really hits home for me that you never know what's around the corner. The very best wishes to Pete and family.