dgirtsman

Hello all,

First off, I've done quite a bit of searching on these boards and have not come up with any definitive answers, so...

Does anyone know of a reputable place where I might send an MKH 416 P48 for repair (besides Sennheiser)? This particular mic seems to be lacking a bit in the lower end and also has quite a bit of self noise. 

Thanks!

Dave

A few years ago, I had to send a 416 in for work to Sennheiser USA. They said turnaround would be like 2-3 weeks or something. I said, but I use it for work. Then they said, oh...in that case we'll get it back to you in a few days... This was all through email, no extra charge (afaik), and encouraging to hear. The initial turnaround time kinda makes sense since Sennheiser has so many consumer and prosumer products...nice to see them step up.

Nothing against Location Sound...I've bought stuff from them, but haven't had them repair anything

I sent 2x 50s to Senn Connecticut to have full chassis upgrade. Not the RF "kit" which was useless. One came back with new gold pins and s/n plate. The other came back with nickel pins and s/n plate not replaced. Nobody would confirm what was replaced on what mics without my sending them back. Each one had taken about 6 weeks, so I didn't bother. 

Fast forward 7 years, and am having issues. I sent them both in to Senn UK. One was a muddled mess of old parts with a "new" style chassis. The other was the old chassis with some newer parts. Even the outer cases were different. These were originally sequential serial number mics, so were identical.

I had heard Senn CT was poor, but didn't want to send mics to Germany. Lesson learned.