Andres Marks

Hello everyone. I 'm afraid I've fried my SD633. I was testing a non- original external DC power supply. After connecting the mixer it worked perfectly for a few minutes, at some point I disconnected the power supply. The unit switched to batteries flawlessly. But when reconnecting the external power supply, It abruptly turned off. after that it doesn't turn on anymore. Not any LED lights up (anyone) and does not respond to power cycles and hard resets. Anyone of you ever suffered a similar problem? it is possible that the equipment has been damaged? or there is a possibility that possess some kind of protection and possibly react after a while? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you just fried the switching regulator (or some other part) of the power supply in the 633. 

I'll assume you've contacted your dealer and/or Sound Devices. If not, I've found that they respond quickly and helpfully:

http://www.sounddevices.com/support/inquiry

Let us know what happens. And good luck Andres!

We have had situations in which the 633 seemed to die completely, with the exception of the blue time code led continuing to blink.  This is evidently not the situation you face.  But it's worth keeping a note on this procedure from the manual in case you ever do have this problem. Sound Devices could not determine what had killed the entire functionality of the the 633 in question-- but forcing power off allowed the 633 to start up again and come back to life.

--------------

Forcing Power Off (Optional)
In the unlikely event you need to manually force a complete shutdown of the 633, by-passing the PowerSafe and QuickBoot features, do the following:
To force power off:
1.    Slide the Power button to the left. 2.    Press and hold the MENU button for 5 seconds.
After the 633 is manually powered off, the QuickBoot is reset and the TC LED no longer flashes.
i    Manual shutdown will turn off the timecode backup battery, requiring timecode to be rejammed and user bits to be reset upon next power up.

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Andres Marks said:

Hello everyone. I 'm afraid I've fried my SD633. I was testing a non- original external DC power supply. After connecting the mixer it worked perfectly for a few minutes, at some point I disconnected the power supply. The unit switched to batteries flawlessly. But when reconnecting the external power supply, It abruptly turned off. after that it doesn't turn on anymore. Not any LED lights up (anyone) and does not respond to power cycles and hard resets. Anyone of you ever suffered a similar problem? it is possible that the equipment has been damaged? or there is a possibility that possess some kind of protection and possibly react after a while? Thanks in advance.

What is this external power supply of which you speak?