PS-1A to Lectrosonics LT

audiofp

Just received two stock Lectro MC41 cables and connected the NTG3, PS1A and Lectro LT.  Both cables result in the same unusable noise floor- chatter, crackle over white noise.  Yes there is a full bandwidth signal from the mic over the hash.  Anyone experienced this?

I connected an SM81, same setup and it was fine.  I remember the NTG needed a phase reverse barrel to work with an HM plug-on so perhaps it's related to that.  Also Rode FAQ says: "

Will the NTG-3 microphone work when connected to my wireless transmitter?

There have been reports of compatibility issues with connecting the NTG-3 to a battery powered wireless transmitter such as the Lectrosonics UH400AAU.  This is due to there not being enough power in the transmitter to power the mic. Most portable transmitters can only provide 4mA of current at 48V. The NTG3 requires at least 5mA.

11 hours ago, audiofp said:

I connected an SM81, same setup and it was fine.  I remember the NTG needed a phase reverse barrel to work with an HM plug-on so perhaps it's related to that.  Also Rode FAQ says: "

Will the NTG-3 microphone work when connected to my wireless transmitter?

There have been reports of compatibility issues with connecting the NTG-3 to a battery powered wireless transmitter such as the Lectrosonics UH400AAU.  This is due to there not being enough power in the transmitter to power the mic. Most portable transmitters can only provide 4mA of current at 48V. The NTG3 requires at least 5mA.

But you're using a Deneke PS1A for phantom not the tx.  So.... since the SM81 works fine, it would seem the mic is the issue.