New PSC UHF Log Periodic Antenna

NCSOUND

Understand first up that I may be biased.(!)

1. The Lectro has a metal block over the BNC that protects it from damage from truck tires and smaller tank treads.
2. The Lectro uses a 4 layer internal stripline BALUN  instead of a two layers with an external coax line Balun. See previous points about trucks and tanks.
I point these out since the design choices in the construction might not be obvious.

Dollars to two bits, the PSC unit is more "reasonably" priced and a better value. How many tanks do you see on a set anyway?
Best Regards,
Larry F

21 minutes ago, LarryF said:

Understand first up that I may be biased.(!)

1. The Lectro has a metal block over the BNC that protects it from damage from truck tires and smaller tank treads.
2. The Lectro uses a 4 layer internal stripline BALUN  instead of a two layers with an external coax line Balun. See previous points about trucks and tanks.
I point these out since the design choices in the construction might not be obvious.

Dollars to two bits, the PSC unit is more "reasonably" priced and a better value. How many tanks do you see on a set anyway?
Best Regards,
Larry F

HAHAHAHA Great Answer LarryF! Thanks!! Best

I can't give a proper comparison, as I've not used the PSC.  All I can say, is I'm extremely happy with the performance of my ALP 620s, and I find them well worth the price (which is still very reasonable IMO).

Though I've yet to have them get run over by tanks, I have shot several of my SM series at them with a potato cannon and so far I've only damaged my reputation in the neighborhood ;).

• 4 years later...