Good case for 788T

Pietari Koskinen

I wonder what would be a good case for 788T and four (or sometimes up to six) Lectro receivers. Would be nice to hear what case other 788T users are using and could recommend? If the case has room for CL-8, that would be a plus, but not essential. Anybody using Eargonizer with 788T? Or PortaBrace AR-788? If so, please tell me about your feelings and which model you use.

Thanks,

Pietari

when i first got my 788, i bought a petrol pegz 3 cos it fit my 788 442 and radio mics better than the pegz 2. however when i used it in real life it wasnt so great - too bulky for me. same deal using with the cl8 and 4 lectros - it didnt sit comfortably when i had to wear it with a harness.

ive just taken delivery of a bag the ktsystems.co.uk make for the 788t/cl8 combo which has a little shelf for the cl8 and a little bit of space top and bottom to try and keep some airflow around the unit. i will set my bag up later today and try and post some pictures

here are some pictures. hope fully you can make out the shelf and the little spacer to create an air gap. there is also a flap at the bottom so you can get to the cf card and dv battery. i just ordered a different np1 shoe so that the np1 will sit underneath the cl8. with the shoe i use at the moment - hawkwoods npu, its too big for the space available

post-186-130815079475_thumb.jpg

post-186-13081507948_thumb.jpg

Thank you Rich and Cloud for your answers and pictures. I tried Eargonizer 1 and 2 in shop, but they both felt somewhat bulky, and I'm not sure if I am a fan of those external pouches for radio mic receivers. I am going to check Porta AR-788 and Audio Organizers in Thursday.

That KT systems case looks nice, I wonder if NP-1 shoe of Remote Audio BDS would fit under CL-8 in that case? Their website doesn't know that model yet.

That KT systems case looks nice, I wonder if NP-1 shoe of Remote Audio BDS would fit under CL-8 in that case? Their website doesn't know that model yet.

if you mean a shoe like

http://www.trewaudio.com/store/home.php?cat=57

then you should be fine. there is enough space in the bag under the cl8 to fit an np1 with about 10mm to spare, i got a hawk woods npc shoe which is only a little wider than the np1 itself

http://www.hawkwoods.com/site_pages/products/details/details.asp?title=NPC-SQN4S&tl=adnp1.jpg&tr=np1b.jpg&bl=&br=apac.jpg&x=1&ml=np1c.jpg&mr=apc.jpg

which also gives me 4 extra (unregulated) hirose outputs, one of which i use hooked up to a hawkwoods regulated adapter to power radio mics etc

also, dont know about the fuse ratings on the BDS, but my with my hawkwoods shoe, if i use one of the hirose outputs to power the 788, it will cut out because of the current draw, so i use the trailing lead instead. dont know what options you have with the dbs if this is the case, though hopefully someone else can say if its an issue