Maxx+QRX235 QIFB zaxnet?

TimB

Could not find anything on this by doing a search, contacted Zaxcom and they said that the only way to get zaxnet compatibility with maxx is by going through a TRX900CL/IFB200, it this correct? 

But I remember seeing a picture of someone doing zaxnet just with just a 235 with QIFB, I guess zaxcom knows their stuff but I just want to check it with you guys if anyone has a straight answer?

Thanks, cables isn't an issue as long as it's possible. Seems odd by zaxcom to reply with a contradiction to what is doable.

well, I guess that answer the question then, mostly looking for the gain, freq and power roll functions of zaxnet but it's good to know that you could get the IFB to work when adding erx units?

I hope it's not too off topic but I use the qrx235 with my 744t/552 combo and feed it a mix like KG mentioned. If the Maxx has a TC in/out in one connector you can just have one cable that does TC both ways. The 744t has a lemo 5 pin I believe which does TC in/out so all I need is one cable. All that being said, I think there's a lot of features that you get when pairing it with a Zax recorder but perhaps this is only with the Nomad? Putting transmitters into record when the record button is pressed in the recorder is pretty sweet.

You can do Remote Roll with a Maxx/IFB setup. But I honestly just have all my TRX Roll when powered up. Just incase.... it's all TC synced so it's easy if you end up needing it! And if not it's just 1s and 0s

i have have both a Nomad and a Maxx with a Camera Link. You get all the features it's just set up a little differently.

For the QRXxxxIFB as far as I know you cannot have TC go both ways. It has to be wired properly for either direction. (I have 2 Cables, 1 IN 1 OUT)... there's no internal selection of TC in or out on a QRX.

TC carries your Zaxnet commands such as Remote Roll. gain Control, Freq Control. But it also allows your ERXs and TRXs to jam so when you Roll on board your TRX they are all synced.

Having your TC be bi directional just allows you different options. To make your Devices master or slaves

On a qrx, timecode in/out is determined by "use timecode from trx900" which is just a fancy way of saying timecode in/out. When set to OFF that means the timecode connector is an input, taking in an analog timecode feed. When set to ON, the connector is an output which feeds rx'ed timecode from a trx out to that connector (or generated from qrx). If tip is in and ring is out,  couldn't a single cable be made for dual purpose, if I'm reading this right? Please someone correct me if I have this all wrong. Going from memory…  I do have one client that still demand's record run time code, which I do take time code from a QRX back to my bag once or twice a year  

-Ken

12 hours ago, osa said:

On a qrx, timecode in/out is determined by "use timecode from trx900" which is just a fancy way of saying timecode in/out. When set to OFF that means the timecode connector is an input, taking in an analog timecode feed. When set to ON, the connector is an output which feeds rx'ed timecode from a trx out to that connector (or generated from qrx). If tip is in and ring is out,  couldn't a single cable be made for dual purpose, if I'm reading this right? Please someone correct me if I have this all wrong. Going from memory…  I do have one client that still demand's record run time code, which I do take time code from a QRX back to my bag once or twice a year  

-Ken

Tip is out, ring is in.  A 3.5 mm to 2x BNC cable would work fine, bit a Maxx only has one bnc.  The Tc source menu selects where the qifb boards Tc generator jams its Tc from (internal/external physical, or from a received tx).

20 hours ago, Wandering Ear said:

Tip is out, ring is in.  A 3.5 mm to 2x BNC cable would work fine, bit a Maxx only has one bnc.  The Tc source menu selects where the qifb boards Tc generator jams its Tc from (internal/external physical, or from a received tx).

thanks for clarifying - i corrected my post but failed in not knowing maxx tc was single bnc. had it in my head it was lemo

-Ken