Lectrosonics Mute - Zaxcom TRX LT for PL

vins

Hi all, I have in the past used a Lectrosonics Mute switch with a SM/SMD transmitter for boom operator private line communications.

I have now switched to all Zaxcom wireless and was wondering if anyone has/is using the mute with a zaxcom trx lt?

What wiring is required for the mute to trx lt in place of the Lectrosonics REFUMCABLE?

Or alternatively has anyone created a soft switch for a Zaxcom TRX LT? 

Thanks

Steven

Thanks. I will probably end up getting one of those down the line.  What's the estimated RRP?

In the meantime, i have a mute and a multiple TRX that could fit the bill with a cable. I was hoping somebody had already made the cable and could advise me on the wiring

cheers

Steven 

• 9 months later...

Just reviving this old thread as I'm still looking to use an Zaxcom TRX LT with the Lectrosonics mute switch.

Has anybody successfully used the mute switch with another transmitter?

I had a cable made with the same wiring as the Lectrosonics MCATA5MLEMO cable which is the adapter cable that Lectro makes to use a ta5 mic with the SSM transmitter with no luck.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Cheers

Steven

Hi, yeah I did ask Lectro a while back about a wiring configuration and what they told me didn't work either. I've just had another look at the mute circuit diagram and I think I was missing that the switch looks like it needs 4v from pin 2

I'm guessing that this could be the wiring assuming I can take the 3.3v from the audio signal wire.

ta5 pin 1- lemo 1 & shell

ta5 pin 2 - lemo 3

ta5 pin 3 - lemo 3

On a Lectro they get this from the servo bias separately so it may not work properly. Also 4v vs 3.3v - hopefully it will be enough to power both the mic and the switch.

I think the ground to the shell is just for better RF performance isn't it?