Schoeps MiniCMIT

VASI

3 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

what else do you expect from rycote?

inv6 with gray lyre might work...

Generally a good value solution and when things haven't quite hit the mark their customer service has been excellent (for UK buyers at least). Ie. an improved component/upgrade has been sent FOC. The "grabber" has little to do with the transmission of boom noise (so long as it grabs the mic securely), it's all about the suspension between the fixing points. In my experience with lyres, most of the suspension movement takes place before the inner radius and the mic is axially very stable. Ie. it'll move back and forth with the outer radius flexing the most and distance between the mic and the inner radius of the suspension remains quite constant especially when there is an armature between between the "grabbers" like this 1 (and the softy invision). If the mic banged the the lyres in operation they could have gone with a mic "grabber" attached to 1/4" thread of the handheld recorder suspension which has inverted lyres. http://rycote.com/microphone-windshield-shock-mount/portable-recorder/

The only way to know for sure is to try 1 (but conjecture is fun).

Indeed, the mic is being held at the very end by that strange-looking solid mic clip. Looking closely, the lyres only hold the pair of rods that on the other end has the actual mic clip. The same principle, just with a nicer design IMHO, has been in use for decades in the original Neumann KMR suspensions. The advantage of this concept is that no part of the interference tube ports is blocked by a mic clip - with those tiny Rycote clips this might rather be a theoretical issue however. A foam windscreen would indeed touch the lyres. To enable windscreen use, the lyres would have to be upside down like in the "shaver recorder" suspensions.

However, both the "INV-6 with grey lyres" solution (in my case with CMC 641) and the "cut into the foam windscreen for use with INV-7" approach (in my case with KMR 81 and MKH 416) have successfully been reality tested. So why bother.

18 minutes ago, Jason Todd said:

Have they announced pricing for the mini CMIT

in the video they mention 1690EUR + tax.

just seen it on a UK website for 1366GBP+VAT while at the same place the CMIT 5U is listet at 1412GBP+VAT, so I think it's likely it will be some 50EUR/GBP/USD under the 5U in most places. 

ps: for comparison: the 4017C  is 955GBP+VAT and the 8060 is 605GBP+VAT.
all lovely mics : ) 

This one is a DPA 4017C competitor.

4017C is 154 mm long while MiniCMIT is 151 on their website.

Below is my modded Rycote suspension for DPA4017C, for the moment for interior use only, which works quite well. Windscreen version (shorter than WS1) is coming...

_DSC0885.jpg_DSC0887.jpg

Hopefully Cinela will coming with a sophisticated solution for these shorten microphone bodies. I was not convinced their answer with Pianissimo to DPA 4017C, because of its final volume, and non compatibility of use without basket. 

And now that Schoeps makes a miniatured body, how about to make a MiniCMC with interchangeable capsules :huh:

Masaki

It is most amusing to see the comments, based on a single "design concept" picture...

First of all, let me tell you all that this mount was designed in conjunction with Schoeps. Rycote has had an excellent long-term cooperative relationship with Durlach, and the companies shared 3D CAD files to enable this product to go ahead. A new version of lyre was designed specifically for the CMITmini mount and there is ample room for the 50mm diameter foam to fit, with plenty of wiggle room. The distance between lyre tips is 64mm.

With short-bodied microphones there is very little "meat" to hang on to, so conventional clip arrangements are difficult to use. Masaki's system can work, but it is very dependent on the XLR fitting extremely firmly - any movement at the joint will be heard as creaking. It is the sort of method that an individual can control, but not something a manufacturer would be wise to use.

The new cam-lever clamp allows the microphone to be held extremely securely - slide the mic in, drop the lever fully down, and there is no movement whatsoever. You can wave the microphone as vigorously as you like and nothing wobbles or shifts. The rigid clamp and stainless rods are necessary to give the proper mass transfer. Lyres are very flexible and efficient, but as with all sprung systems - it doesn't matter what design they are - the loading must be substantially the same on them to allow uniform orthogonal movement. Think what happens to the handling of a car when the spring loading is drastically uneven. In effect the lyres are clipped to the microphone at optimal positions, but without any clips being required - the grille slots are entirely free, yet the mic is balanced and secure.

I do accept that I have had the great advantage of having both virtual and real examples of the CMITmini in my possesion, and the use of an actual prototype mount, so I can speak from experience;}. The mount works very nicely, thank you. And the microphone is an absolute delight too - congratulations to Schoeps. Together, they form a very neat, physically short solution for lightweight indoor pole use. For windier locations there will be related Rycote solutions that are equally compact.

Now, I hope this response gets posted...

Chris Woolf (with his Rycote designer hat on)