Schoeps MiniCMIT

VASI

3 hours ago, Constantin said:

Wait, they bought Cinela? I did not know that. But you like Cinela? Or maybe they are not a monopoly.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinion, and experience, that's fine. Personally, I have not been happy with my Cinela mounts, and I only really like the INV lite, funnily enough.

They bought Lightweave back in the day.

If they buy and destroy Cinela it would be deveststing...

Please let's not give them scarry ideas...

I am really  terrified considering rycote has done it before.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:38 AM, Simon Davies said:

If you're going to use the MiniCMIT with a Softie, the 12cm Classic-Softie (19/22) & the INV-7 HG MkIII goes well with it. The mount needs to clip partially onto regular XLR, rather than a short version.

Rycote softie is sensitive to the lightest wind.

Bubble Bee layer softies are a lot better...

2 hours ago, Glen Deakin said:

Does cinela now have a mount available for the 4017c with anfoam windscreen?  I have not seen anything one their website. 

Please if someone knows what mount is available please provide info on here. 

Cinela do not adapt and say a mount works for a microphone unless is 100% perfect. it is just the genius mind at work. I tested  6 different cmit5 mounts which had  such a subtle difference

But I use and mount mics that are not authorized all the time.

Sorry I have 4017b.

Go to a sound shop that carries cinela and start trying...

On 18.7.2017 at 1:05 AM, cjh said:

I got the rycote inv mount for my mini cmit also, great suspension design but when in use terrible wind noise when swinging making mount unusable. Something to do with the clamp mech affecting the chassis, not sure exactly but works fine in another more standard rycote mount (already pictured in this thread) If you have a mini cmit do not buy the inv mount!

After a week of testing out, I can confirm that the suspension mentioned is highly susceptible to the swoosh when doing larger swings. The unit has a sticker that says  "Inv-lite 21". This effect is much worse than this setup with the standard foam:

This is not a very elegant solution though, as you loose some "shortness".

On 20.7.2017 at 8:02 PM, Constantin said:

I'm surprised you can see how noisy something is. I usually have to listen to things to find out how they sound.
And I disagree with you whole-heartedly. I think it's a great mount, the clamping mechanism is really fast and tight, gripping the mic firmly.
There is no noise coming from the mount per se, but when you do fast and long swings, you do hear a swoosh, but that's true for any mount and usually more due to the foam cover rather than the mount.

What exactly don't you like about it? Other than looking at it, apparently...

That's great, and I love the 4017c, too, but perhaps not very helpful since the guy asked about the MiniCMIT...
I assume you mean the INV lite? All indoor mounts are called INV.
I cannot confirm your findings at all. In fact, with my DPA 4017, this is actually the quietest mount, and I tried at least 4 types

It may be a great mount, depending on the application. It is not on a swinging boom.
My best guess: Its due to the fact, that the turbulences at the lyres are so close to the slot array.

After a week of testing out, I can confirm that the suspension mentioned is highly susceptible to the swoosh when doing larger swings. The unit has a sticker that says  "Inv-lite 21". This effect is much worse than this setup with the standard foam

So that's with the Mini CMIT, right?

just trying to figure out why it's working so well with my DPA4017c. Apart from possible shortcomings of the mount this may also be an issue with the foam. Of those of you who have tried the INV19-lite, which foam or other wind protection did you use?

39 minutes ago, Constantin said:

So that's with the Mini CMIT, right?

just trying to figure out why it's working so well with my DPA4017c. Apart from possible shortcomings of the mount this may also be an issue with the foam. Of those of you who habe tried the INV19-lite, which foam or other wind protection did you use?

Yes

2 hours ago, Constantin said:

So what did you put on your mic?

Standard http://www.schoeps.de/en/products/w140 as mentioned in Posts #67 and #91. It works well and as expected on this suspension: http://rycote.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/041118_INV7HG-MKIII-trans.png. It works also well, if you mount the mic to the back of the Inv-lite with the non-angled XLR between the lyres (this brings up other issues though and is just a quick workaround). This is nothing intuitive. My best guess is some aerodynamic oddity with the lyres in combination of the W140. Who knows... Just don't buy/use the Inv-lite21 for a MiniCMIT for a bit fast moving boom operations. Rather try the K-tek thing or an inv6/7 or wait until Cinela comes up with something.

Happy for you though that the inv-lite 19 with the 4017c does not have this issue.

• 1 year later...

I have to admit that I’m no a big fan of RYCOTE but the suspension they have designed for the MiniCMIT works far better than I ever expected. 

I don’t feel rushed at all to buy the MiniCMIT dedicated Cinella when it hits the market. 

7 hours ago, Manfred G said:

I have to admit that I’m no a big fan of RYCOTE but the suspension they have designed for the MiniCMIT works far better than I ever expected. 

I don’t feel rushed at all to buy the MiniCMIT dedicated Cinella when it hits the market. 

What happens if you want to put a softie?

Oh you can not?

So it is far from perfect.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, Manfred G said:

I added a 2" xlr barrel to the back of my miniCMIT to get it in the Osix 2 mount.  It's not perfect, but I've had good results.  Cinela does seem to require experienced boom op hands in certain situations.  I've had a strange clicking sound appear intermittently from the mount and I've yet to nail it down.

The 10mm Rycote softie fits perfectly (even though the 12cm is listed by Rycote as the one that fits the minicmit... it's not), but is not very good as wind protection, I'll replace it eventually.

Photo link to mount: https://imgur.com/a/Ygwrxtc