Battery operated speaker

drpro

From time to time I have needed a battery operated speaker and made do with some small off the shelf powered speaker.  I have a fairly extensive junk part room so I was able to keep the cost down.  The speaker is a small two driver Teac speaker from that auction place.  The preamp and amplifier also came from there.  I chose to go with V mount batteries because I am invested in that system and the is a D tap on the battery plate giving an additional source of power.  You could use any of the small camera batteries out there as mounts are readily available.  1/8", 1/4" TRS and XLR inputs go to the line level preamp, then to a 60w class D amp.  An additional bluetooth receiver covers the various client audio sources easily.  I choose not to mount the battery internal to minimize change to the speaker cabinet.  The preamp and amplifier are very small boards.  Everything is mounted to the back plate of the speaker cabinet.  My cost was less than 80USD, ymmv.  If anyone wants to build one I have another speaker and the two audio connectors available at cost plus shipping.  First come on those items.  Just post here if interested.

Testing has revealed power consumption of about 4-5watts at a reasonable volume so the 70w V mount will last a day or more.

Sp 1.jpg

Sp 2.jpg

Sp 3.jpg

Sp_4.jpg