Hubbell

Richard Ragon

While working on a gig last week, I was helping wrap some stingers for the gaffers.  When I got to the end, I noticed a Hubbell female plug at the end, with a small green LED built right into the plug.  I thought, to myself.. Oh, I would love to have this, so that I know the stinger is 'hot' or not.  Currently I have 3 stingers, and I want to replace the old Hubbell plugs, with these new Hubbell plugs.

Has anyone ever seen these on set yet?  Hubbell Model numbers, so that I can buy these?

Thanks

-Richard

FOUND IT.

Texted grip Butch over at Disneyland.  I asked him if these were Disney broadcast stringers.. He said 'yep'.  Gave me a model number.

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ProductDetail.jsp?partnumber=5269-PLB&section=37688&minisite=10251

It's actually Leviton 5269 PLB.  The Leviton site has it as a 'power indicator'.  They have this LED light on both sides, female and male.

Just in case anyone wants to know.  (I found this interesting, anyway)

-Richard

Look for the model numbers with "L".  Perhaps this means lamp, or LED??  It's also called "Power Indication".

Cant tell you how many times I've found a house power, only to find it not working.  Plunging it in, and see the light right on the male plug is nice..  Then for quick troubleshoots, you loose power, you can look down at the LED on the female end of your stinger.

-Richard