$150 Rebate from Lectrosonics & DPA

karlw

I case you haven't heard about this, Lectrosonics teamed up with DPA US to offer a $150 rebate for the purchase of an SSM transmitter and d:screet lav microphone. The offer is good through January 20 for customers purchasing these products from US Authorized Dealers. I've attached the form for anyone interested.

DPA Lectro Offer Form_FINAL.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I think Karl forgot to read the guidelines for posting in the Manufacturers and Dealers section on the site. 

Rules & Guidelines

The Manufacturers & Dealers section should not be used for advertising or promotions but may be used by all the "usual suspects" for information and announcements for events, seminars and things like that. Just use your good judgement and be respectful of the core purpose of this Discussion Group. Premium Ad Space is now available for those who wish to have advertising displayed on the site.

The Manufacturers & Dealers section should not be used for advertising or promotions but may be used by all the "usual suspects" for information and announcements for events, seminars and things like that.

He probably just looked at what others were posting and thought this might fit in ok.
And isn't every new product announcement kind of an ad?

Well, he may have seen some of the other posts in the past which were subsequently removed because they violated the guidelines. Announcing a new product and a link to a company's website is okay. Putting up a post with a full page graphic and a coupon for discounts is not okay --- that's an advertisement and a promotion. You have to know that the guidelines changed a few years ago when I first offered PAID advertising on the site. I had operated since starting in 2006 without any advertising but amazingly generous and ongoing support came from donations by our members. A few years ago when I started providing ad banner space, several companies came on board and found the popularity of the site beneficial for their advertising and promotions. There were a few companies that had banner space for awhile but then after not renewing their ads they just started putting up full ads, for free, as normal discussion posts. I had to put a stop to this as I owed it the paying clients to not allow these freebies.