Yamaha o1v96 with MY-DUGAN?

Philip Perkins

Hi Philip, I've used the Dugan MY card with the LS9-16 before successfully. I would assume it's the same as on the 01V. To get it working you simply select the slot I/O as channel inserts and enable the inserts. There was no view of the Dugan control in the mixer. The card has an ethernet port you can connect to a PC with a Dugan program (free download) which will show you the gain reduction working and let you adjust the parameters. I was told you can also plug a router into the ethernet port for Ipad control. On another gig I simply inserted the card and toggled the inserts while listening to confirm the Duganization was happening, and that worked great too. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used the MY-DUGAN cards in both 01V96 and 01V96i boards for years. It always works very well.

To adjust the weighting or watch the gain proportioning in action you will need either an external computer (available on basically any OS as the software is written in JAVA) or the iPad setup mentioned above.

I've used the Dugan card with both the 01V96i and the Yamaha LS9.  In most applications I've found it completely unnecessary to use a computer or ipad with the card!  The default settings are equal weighting for all mics and all mics in a single "group".  For my purposes, that was usually all I needed.  Of course without a computer you can't "see" what it is doing, but it should be obvious it's working.  Just make sure you reset the card before use in case you or someone else set it up for some special application previously. 

Tom