Videotoolshed

Jeff Wexler

Posted on Facebook, Derek Hanson found what seems to be a really good software company that provides some tools that could be very useful for us. Derek's description from Facebook post:

"Need to convert BWFs to MP3s for transcription?
There's a new app for Mac or PC available from VideoToolShed that converts BWFs into MP3s with TC stamp. It was a custom job for me but now it's available to the public on their website for $25.
Works great, converts the files fast, makes nice and small mono MP3 files. For me, I didn't want to give up card redundancy on the 688, at the time there was no software on Mac that could really do this.
PS.. I don't work for them."

Videotoolshed is geared mostly to professional video editors but there may be several other tools they offer which could apply to the work we do. Check it out.

maketranscriberfiles.png

https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/make-transcriber-files/

3 hours ago, Derek H said:

Thanks Jeff, I posted it first here actually, before Facebook! (If I had it my way all online sound discussion would happen here so I could finally delete my facebook account...) In the workflow section. 

Cool! I guess I missed it (or maybe you were posting right at the time I was grabbing your post off Facebook).

Bouke's been around for quite awhile.  Very responsive--he made a mod to the app that got it to work well on the Disposa-PC laptop I use on location (for making TC MP3s from wavs).  The app isn't perfect but I use it on a good percentage of my jobs anyhow.  So far good luck with transcribos being able to read the mp3 ID3 TC from files this app makes.