Let's see your lavaliere kit!

Stephen Murdoch

Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster. Recently, an established mixer near me posted a photo on IG of all his lavaliere miking accessories (clips, stickies, windscreens, tape, moleskin, etc). It got me thinking that I would like to see how everyone is organizing this stuff on location for quick access. So, if you're willing to share, let's see your lav kits!

I've got two lav kits that I travel with.  The main one is in an Ikea toiletries bag

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80323058/

It houses extra capsules, moleskin, topstick, fur for wind protection, undercovers, overcovers, zip ties, velcro, alcohol swabs, belts pouches for transmitters, bobby pins, a lav bullet, some gaff tape, lav hardwire adapters, and my fly fishing tackle box with all the little lav doo dads. 

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Plano-Compact-Side-Side-Tackle-Box-1070&i=441754

The other smaller bag is what I keep on me at all times, it has extra topstick, transpore, bobby pins, pre cut fur for wind protection, alcohol swabs, and I use a lav belt pouch to store it all in.  it fits in the exterior pouch on my Orca sound bag.  

2017-02-11_17_26_16.jpg

2017-02-11_17_26_27.jpg

2017-02-11_17_28_41.jpg

2017-02-11_17_28_52.jpg

2017-02-11_17_32_58.jpg

2017-02-11_17_29_17.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 0:03 AM, Derek H said:

Ha! 

I think the the way it would work is you put it over the capsule while the actor is getting makeup done and then pull the red cap off after makeup. To prevent makeup clogging the capsule up. 

Makeup. 

exactly, they're makeup covers.  never actually used them but somehow have a pile of them from years of using MKE-2's