DPA SLIM for ZAXCOM

piero

I don't recall seeing a recommendation. Rado would know. But I've been using Hi sens. with my TRXLA2's and 3's and liked the results.

The tiny snorkel arrangement has been exceptionally useful on some interior scenes where contributors are wearing tight fitting heavy rustly clothing, to quickly get something that sounds clean. Poked out through a buttonhole nobody notices it's there and it sounds great .....:)

Using TRX2.5 with 4060 SLIM (Hi sens.) also.  Per se no issues, maybe losing some freq.'s due to it not being low DC but with the work I do, no one will notice.

Apologies if this is hijacking the post but Pindrop, when using the SLIM snorkel, do you tape the back-end, almost covering the grill to make it stay in the button hole?  I've tried and always get a nasty rubbing sound.

Gabe

1 hour ago, Sndspd said:

Using TRX2.5 with 4060 SLIM (Hi sens.) also.  Per se no issues, maybe losing some freq.'s due to it not being low DC but with the work I do, no one will notice.

Apologies if this is hijacking the post but Pindrop, when using the SLIM snorkel, do you tape the back-end, almost covering the grill to make it stay in the button hole?  I've tried and always get a nasty rubbing sound.

Gabe

I'm also interested in this. I've had mixed experiences with the snorkel.

the bubble bee solution seems perfect and makes sense, thanks Rado! still haven't gotten the slims yet. i gave dpa a call a couple of months back and they said they're working on a slim version for zax but didn't give me a specific timeframe or a release date. i'll give the high sensitivity versions a try though....

Joe's sticky stuff, across the back of the snorkel, or actually a much cheaper version of butyl tape that's just as good, with only one side of the tape exposed, the other with the protective backing still on. Making sure the hole below the grid is correctly aligned with the hole at the front of the snorkel mount. Haven't had a problem with it falling off, or with noise.

DPA-slim-a.jpg

9 hours ago, ivanovich said:

the bubble bee solution seems perfect and makes sense, thanks Rado! still haven't gotten the slims yet. i gave dpa a call a couple of months back and they said they're working on a slim version for zax but didn't give me a specific timeframe or a release date. i'll give the high sensitivity versions a try though....

I got a response in october from the dpa product manager that a zax version of the slim was some time off, if they were going to do it at all.  if this position has changed,  that would be good news