Wisycom and rf distro

NCSOUND

NC, I know this is not an answer to your question and somebody will have to say something smarmy I'm sure, but the micplexor 2 doesn't know what brand you hook it to. We tried a friend's lectro plug on transmitter (I can't bring myself to type the colloquial term for that device) and it doubled the range. It might have more than doubled it, but he wasn't willing to walk any further away in his neighborhood and he came back. I'm not sure he believed me, so he was whispering to test me. We were both very impressed. NOTE: In my experience, you can't have unused outputs in the back, uncapped. Install dummy loads on any outputs you don't use. 

Does "NC" indicate North Carolina?

Sincerely, Martin 

8 hours ago, MartinTheMixer said:

NC, I know this is not an answer to your question and somebody will have to say something smarmy I'm sure, but the micplexor 2 doesn't know what brand you hook it to. We tried a friend's lectro plug on transmitter (I can't bring myself to type the colloquial term for that device) and it doubled the range. It might have more than doubled it, but he wasn't willing to walk any further away in his neighborhood and he came back. I'm not sure he believed me, so he was whispering to test me. We were both very impressed. NOTE: In my experience, you can't have unused outputs in the back, uncapped. Install dummy loads on any outputs you don't use. 

Sincerely, Martin 

Thank for your replay Martin, i was asking because i heard some reports of some people using wisycom with psc rf multi sma and they where not happy.

NC indicate my name (Nicolás Celery)

Best

Sincerely, Martin 

What do you use for the dummy load Martin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ducky said:

What do you use for the dummy load Martin?

Ducky, Well that is a great question. I have a very high end kit that mine came out of. The kit came with 2 and I have never had to purchase any because I've never had to cut off more than 2. I should have bought more, but I haven't. With that being said, this is not something that should be radio shack quality, or Chinese. I would go American made probably. Go hop on eBay and search that, and see what's out there. Let me know if you need more input. You can try an experiment with the micplexor, take a cable that is at least 6 inches, plug into back of micplexor, and then take the other end of that cable and hover it near the antennas, assuming whips here, on the micplexor. You will very likely see the "warning" lights come on. The micplexor is, at this point, warning you about itself! It's a great product. I can turn transmitters all the way down and get great range because of the micplexor. I had talent wired up, they were in the trailer, and I was in a clear field at least 400 feet away, probably more, and on whips, I was hearing them intermittently. That to me is amazing. As I have mentioned elsewhere, a friend had a Lectro plug on transmitter, and we tested with his 411, and it doubled the distance for that transmitter. That was mixing Zaxcom Receivers with one Lectro together at the same time.

Sincerely, Martin 

1 hour ago, Derek H said:

Is a 50 ohm terminator the same as a dummy load?

http://www.l-com.com/tabbeditem_mobi.aspx?id=990

Derek, I prefer to just "load" the device, making it think there is something there for it to do. I'm just inclined to think this way. This does not mean I'm right. 

Sincerely, Martin 

A termination is a one-port device with an impedance that matches the characteristic impedance of a given transmission line. It is attached to a certain terminal or port of a device to absorb the power transmitted to that terminal or to establish a reference impedance at that terminal. Important parameters of a termination are its VSWR and power handling capacity. In a receiver, terminations are usually placed at various unconnected ports of components such as hybrid and power dividers to keep the VSWR of the signal path low. It is extremely important that the isolated port in a directional coupler and the unused port of a power divider (i.e., only three ports of a four-way power divider are used) be properly terminated. All of the design considerations of directional couplers and power dividers are based on the fact that all ports are terminated with matched loads. If an unused port is not properly terminated, then the isolation between the output ports will be reduced which may severely degrade the performance of the receiver.

A termination is the terminology used to refer to a low power, single terminal device intended to terminate a transmission line. Similar devices designed to accommodate high power are generally termed dummy loads.

Derek, I prefer to just "load" the device, making it think there is something there for it to do. I'm just inclined to think this way. This does not mean I'm right. 
Sincerely, Martin 

A termination is a one-port device with an impedance that matches the characteristic impedance of a given transmission line. It is attached to a certain terminal or port of a device to absorb the power transmitted to that terminal or to establish a reference impedance at that terminal. Important parameters of a termination are its VSWR and power handling capacity. In a receiver, terminations are usually placed at various unconnected ports of components such as hybrid and power dividers to keep the VSWR of the signal path low. It is extremely important that the isolated port in a directional coupler and the unused port of a power divider (i.e., only three ports of a four-way power divider are used) be properly terminated. All of the design considerations of directional couplers and power dividers are based on the fact that all ports are terminated with matched loads. If an unused port is not properly terminated, then the isolation between the output ports will be reduced which may severely degrade the performance of the receiver.

A termination is the terminology used to refer to a low power, single terminal device intended to terminate a transmission line. Similar devices designed to accommodate high power are generally termed dummy loads.

Do you know the wattage of your dummy load Martin?

Ducky, No, ashamedly, but since the micplexor is not putting out big wattage, I'm sure I'm ok. It hasn't burned my hand yet. Ha.
Sincerely, Martin 

If you're feeling generous later please post a pic.