DC powering solution small audio bag

haifai

Hello everybody,

i am looking for a smart solution to power my small audiobag with a 744t and a audio development AD071 premixer.

i prefer to keep it light as i do a lot of documentaries and have to be mobil...

The oportunities i am thinking of right now is either to use a Sony NP F970 with a step up converter to have 12v for recorder and mixer or to do a DIY

(... I am not afraid of soldering ;-) ) powering solution based at rrc smbus batteries:

http://www.rrc-ps.com/en/products/battery-packs/standard-smart-battery-packs/rrc2040/features.html

or

http://www.rrc-ps.com/en/products/battery-packs/standard-smart-battery-packs/rrc2054/features.html

(that one is used by sonosax for the new r4 recorder)

is there someone how has experience with both power systems (esmart vs sony np-f970)?

pros and cons, runtime, weight...

Thanx,

Karsten

I made my own battery solution with the Sony batteries but instead of a step up converter I just use 2 batteries connected in series. It has been working fine for me for 6 months now, annoying to have to use 2 batteries together but seems fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm, two np f970 its not an option for me, the ad071 mixer is not running with more then 15v...

maybe best solution will be a rrc2040 -12volt should be good for 744t and ad071, seems reasonable priced and should be fun to build

a powering system with the smbus reader...

hm, two np f970 its not an option for me, the ad071 mixer is not running with more then 15v...
maybe best solution will be a rrc2040 -12volt should be good for 744t and ad071, seems reasonable priced and should be fun to build
a powering system with the smbus reader...

If course, that might be a good option.
I have a HawkWoods adapter with two np-f type batteries (doesn't have to be the 970, you can use smaller ones). It provides 4 Hirose outputs which are regulated at 12V, so good for your AD mixer. And then you have one flying lead unregulated which you can use with the 744 and it will show you the battery depletion status. Not as exciting perhaps as an SMBus setup, but for me it's all the info I ever wanted, easily available, fairly cheap, and the batteries can be replaced easily in an emergency

8 hours ago, Constantin said:

If course, that might be a good option.
I have a HawkWoods adapter with two np-f type batteries (doesn't have to be the 970, you can use smaller ones). It provides 4 Hirose outputs which are regulated at 12V, so good for your AD mixer. And then you have one flying lead unregulated which you can use with the 744 and it will show you the battery depletion status. Not as exciting perhaps as an SMBus setup, but for me it's all the info I ever wanted, easily available, fairly cheap, and the batteries can be replaced easily in an emergency

+ 1

• 2 weeks later...

So thanx for all replies...

I finished with a smart batterie system in DIY style...

RRC 2054 Batterie  15V/48Wh     66€ (this one is used by sonosax in their new recorder)

RRC Charger                              104€

RRC Batterie breakout cable       14€

all bought at texim europe, really fast delivery

i ordered 2 cables,

at one i made a small connection box, one output regulated and one 15v direct out with hirose 4pin connectors

the other one i made ending with a neutrik 7 pin connector, so it can ve adapted for different purposes.

later i want to ad a display unit for the batterie data, for the moment i am happy with the displayed voltage at my 744t.

i gonna put it all at the DIY forum when time is allowing me to take some pictures for those people that like to do some soldering...

regards,

karsten

6 hours ago, haifai said:

RRC 2054 Batterie  15V/48Wh     66€ (this one is used by sonosax in their new recorder)

RRC Charger                              104€

RRC Batterie breakout cable       14€

all bought at texim europe, really fast delivery

i gonna put it all at the DIY forum when time is allowing me to take some pictures for those people that like to do some soldering...

Cheers Karsten, interesting to know. It'll be good to see it when you get the chance. Jez

Hey there 

I Ben using this cable 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AY3XLEY/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1490979090&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+to+12v

With ordenary USB power Banks .. since it will cost me a furtune to buy Sony batteries and since we can't import them to my country for reasons .. so far I had no problems with the setup and it served me long time with phantom power running from zoom h6 and I once tried it on zoom f8 and it worked fine , just make sure that the power bank can provide you with enough amps to run your stuff 

I run a 744T and an SRb rx off a modified NP cup, with cheapo Lithium (Swit) batteries.  The lith NPs are very light, and 2 get me thru a long day; often one will do it.  I keep an L-mount on the 744 to cover battery swaps.  This has worked very well for small run-gun rig for several years.  The batteries are 14.something vdc off the charger.  How power hungry is that AD mixer?