Another TA5 low profile! Not right angle this time

100sideprojects

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike, I have been putting the caps on cables I repair, people seem to like them.  Not sure I would sell the cap alone because then I would have to provide instructions on how to assemble the whole thing.  For now its just something I do for the people that have their repair work done with me.  I would be more than happy to wire cables or mics for anyone that is interested.  Of course the shipping charges wouldn't justify the expense.

Thank you for your interest!

It seems there is some interest in this version of the TA5 connector, so here are a few more examples!IMG_7273.JPGIMG_7277.JPG 

I want all my lavs re terminated with these. I hate the plastic boots that always break with the slightest amount of pressure. But getting 30ish mics done would cost a lot I am assuming. I'd love yo hear more!

I think he's not interested in selling the parts to diy'ers but will rewire your lavs if you send them to him. Or make you custom cables.

Plastic boot breaking? JonG, are you using genuine switchcraft parts? I've found that the other knock-offs fall apart eventually. Rubber strain relief tears, etc. 

Every cable or lav I have where I put a genuine switchcraft on has held up really well. 

• 1 month later...

@Derek H They may be a number of different connectors such as Rean for example. Whatever they cane with. I acquired a lot of my cos-11s second hand many years ago so who knows which brand the connectors are. No labels. Either way, these ones look pretty cool!

• 3 weeks later...