DPA 4017 B preamp switches

Mobilemike

Hey guys, 

I've had a DPA 4017C for awhile and recently picked up the B preamp for the extra filter options. I like it a lot so far except... does it weird anybody else out that the filter switches do not latch into position? They just kind of slide freely from off to on and it is really easy to bump them off or on especially with putting them into a shock mount or taking them out. 

Is that weird for anyone else? Or just me?

Thanks!
-Mike

I've had no trouble with them moving under their own volition on my mics (I have 2) - But then again, I handle them with noted caution. Not that I'm suggesting that you are man-handling them, just that I am careful. They are expensive AF and took me a long time to afford.

The switches are soft and easily switched on and off. Have had times when they would get switched while putting it in the rycote inv7hg with a Softie. Never thought it was weird. Just to easy to switch.  Have switched to the c preamp and really like to smallness 

Thanks guys. Yes I definitely take good care of the mic, but like you said Glen, getting it into a Rycote INV-HG mount without accidentally moving the switches is rather difficult. 

I did recently pick up one of the new INV-lite mounts for it and that pretty much completely solves the shockmount problem for me, so I was happy about that. Just curious if anyone else had this issue and wanted to make sure I didn't get a faulty preamp :-)

-Mike