Waterproof case for 633

millar

Im looking to make a water proof enclosure for my 633, an np battery and an src receiver. Ideally it would have a clear panel to see meters through. Does not need to be deep water submersible as it will likely be on a kayak deck. Has anyone messed around to make something like this? Opening the lid to adjust gain is probably fine and I will use wingman to roll and cut.

Cheers

I've used clear dry bags in the past and they work great. Went down the Colorado river with a full 788t package and it worked great. With wing and it would be even easier. They make ones that are pretty big and would easily accommodate a working sound bag. 

personally I'd consider if a Zoom F8 could do the job since most likely you won't be mixing anyway.
advantages are wireless trim, backup with lower gain on separate channels (which might not matter if you're only using wireless), and cheaper if things go down the drain.

(disclaimer, I have a 633 myself and like it a lot)

Hey Millar,

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5018-131/Transparent-Dry-Bag

Can't really argue on price, or reliability.  Good to get some silicone moisture removing thingy's, as well. Put a fancy MEC absorbent cloth or towel in with it on the bottom.  Or just a hand towel.

Sounds like you've found a fun project!

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Aquapac make a really good waterproof duffel bag. Ive tried many versions of roll top bags for waterproofing kit (for me, I usually have to have it attached to my harness to wade or jump in water in caves and such) and this seems to be the best. It's not transparent, although I did find a transparent one that is absolutely giant and too big for a 633 really. It's got a load of mounting points plus (and I think this is unique) a purge valve. Use an IFB for monitoring when it's closed, obviously... 

https://aquapac.net/store/shop/waterproof-bags-duffels/upano-waterproof-duffel/

i think it's the smallest one that fits the 633.