NEW: Ambient | NanoLockit

VASI

Wow, awesome! I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the 3 button design, seems more like a toy, and you can always count on camera to turn your stuff off if they can see the power switch. That autosync functionality and small size is fantastic though! I'm wondering if these guys are gonna start phasing out Tentacle syncs? Tentacles are still smaller, but they don't have the Ambient name backing them up.

Following the link, looks like these at least currently cost 289,00 € each. Bundles available. Planning to ship in early May. Neato.

And googling around on "nanolockit" for more info, it looks like Louis Vuitton is already making a case for these.

http://eu.louisvuitton.com/eng-e1/products/nano-lockit-010571

LV_NL.png

Or did I misread something? 

Nice work Ambient!

I'm wondering if these guys are gonna start phasing out Tentacle syncs? Tentacles are still smaller, but they don't have the Ambient name backing them up.

Who knows what we happen?
But in my experience anyway, Ambient waited long enough for the Tentacle name to establish itself. It used to be that I was asked if I had a lockit. Now they ask me if I have a. Tentacle

It's ok, i just find my answer... i was asking (because i saw in the video) that they just open the device, and it sync to the other device... but not inputing a generated timecode.

But as i find in the web : After being set to the internal Real Time Clock or jammed by external timecode, any NanoLockit can wirelessly jam sync all other units on the set.

@Yullover: Yes, you can ;) It will even autoadjust the framerate from any source for hazzle free configuration. Just think of it as a Tiny Lockit sans OLED and just one Lemo (ACN port included!). Also it seamlessly replaces our TCTRX series as it can be run as freewheeling TC radiolink for LTC and MIDI requirements.

@Philip Perkins: you mean mini Hartkes? Sorry no...;)

@Constantin: These have been in development actually before Tentacle launched their crowdfund campaign. We're a little team however and good things take their time. Timecode by itself is no rocket science but with ACN, metadatanetwork, autoconfiguration we've gone the whole mile. What you see here is a poirt of our existing Lockit core technology to a new, shrunk  MPU architecture and it will be at the foundation of all future products.

@Jim Feeley: exactly! our first unit that comes in cheaper than the case ;)

@Matthew Manville: when powered through USB on the cam they turn on automatically and can't even be turned off ;)  And if so (which takes a deliberate 5s ress and hold), watch 'em disappear on your ACN Radar and then pull the cameras studio power or PSU of the KinoFlo in return before powering them back up;)

@VAS: Thanks for sharing.

15 hours ago, Herbert Verdino said:

Hey. Is there a build in mic, like with tentacle? Or a possibility to connect a video mic? Most dslr cameras switch of there internal mic, when you connect something to the mic input... 

You could use a 3.5 jack Y cable, hook up the Audio TC on one side and connect the video mic to the other channel. or to keep things more compact, split a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack and lemo connector directly-

6 hours ago, Klaus said:

@Matthew Manville: when powered through USB on the cam they turn on automatically and can't even be turned off ;)  And if so (which takes a deliberate 5s ress and hold), watch 'em disappear on your ACN Radar and then pull the cameras studio power or PSU of the KinoFlo in return before powering them back up.

This is hilarious.

[mention=6752]Constantin[/mention]: These have been in development actually before Tentacle launched their crowdfund campaign.

Yes, of course. I didn't think you'd deliberately waited. And trying to build a really small TC box seems like kimd of a no brainer. At least today it does...

Huge congratulations to both Ambient and Timecode systems for both bringing new, innovative, and very clever systems to the market.

Both companies are doing incredible work to make our timecode solutions smaller and simpler. I appluade both teams, and thank you also.

Please keep the innovations coming.... sb

You could use a 3.5 jack Y cable, hook up the Audio TC on one side and connect the video mic to the other channel. or to keep things more compact, split a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack and kemp connector directly-

Yes... I know. I have build a bunch of different y cables to use my tiny lockit in combo with a rode video mic or with sennheiser evolution receivers, etc...
Most of my client's always want a reference audio track on every camera. And since this dslr cameras are often used in gimbals or other small rig's, it is not always possible to mount a extra device, like a video mic on them.
Since the nano lockit is clearly build for dslr cameras, I do not understand, why ambient gives no build in option to feed a audio signal on the second audio track?
I know, that the audio quality from the tentacle is not good. But good enough to use as guide track.

The lanc logger had some cool audio timecode features, by the way. At least you could pass a audio signal threw, without using a y cable

I still love my other lockit's and acn is great!!!! :-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Herbert Verdino said:

Hey. Is there a build in mic, like with tentacle? Or a possibility to connect a video mic? Most dslr cameras switch of there internal mic, when you connect something to the mic input... 

Ah bummer, I hope these new TC boxes don't lack this feature. 

No, the Nano has no built-in scratch mic. From our testing we just found a covered omni capsule would hardly give you any useful audio reference -  especially on a gimbal or steady-cams. But, when going with an external micro shotgun anyway, or even more a radio receiver, then why not with an y-loom cable (and you can use the same that work on you Tiny ;)  )

Of course,we clearly see the application and the wireless jam alone plays its card extremely well exactly on gimbals and/or cluttered, obstructed rigs. 

With padable TC output it was clearly designed towards DSLRs. However, "as well" - It was designed to be as versatile and easy to operate as possible and most ressources went into satisfying also requirements other solutions did not offer. And while not everyone might need all the options, as Constantin mentioned in another thread, or there might be better fits for one dedicated application, 2 Nanos alone will really take you far.

3 hours ago, edward chick said:

Klaus, are the Tiny Nanos compatible with the ACN enabled Tiny Lockits and ACL204  Lockit?

Hey Klaus, Like Edward I'm wondering how the nanos work with the tiny Lockit. Can I have a tiny Lockit attached to my recorder and wirelessly transmit to 2 nanos on 2 cameras. Will they constantly receive updated Timecode from the tiny Lockit? If so, I'm in :-)   

Thanks. 

@edward chick @shug: Yes, absolutely. The Tiny (or ACL204 or MasterLockit) are perfect companions and Masters to a full horde of Nanos ;)

Also, we have done some changes to Lockit Firmware in 5.0  scheduled for release early May which makes using the Tiny as master even more easy - after powering on all you need to do is going to ACN in the menu and hit Master, you can then take the running TC or edit and satrt c-jamming right away. Another option was to one-time jam the Tiny from one of the Nanos RTCs and then enable C-Jam with TOD.