Mozegear Qbit-- Really small sync box....

Mark LeBlanc

Hey guys,

Seeing all the announcements of new sync boxes... Having the pleasure to give this little and I mean "TINY" sync box a go from Mozegear..

Basically the size of a 9v... This version has a 4hr internal rechargeable battery with 4 pin hirose for power.. Same accurate clock as the TIG and Q28..

Running with Sony F55's and ZERO issues on sync... Steadycam guys love it! I know they are cooking up a few other things and hope they will have more to say at NAB.. Wish I could go... Pretty sure it also can do Lemo instead of BNC....  

qbit-small.jpg

Probably it's meant to be connected to hirose all the time and the internal battery is only for swaps.

Yes, I'm sure that's the intention, but it kind of negates the small size. In cameras where size and weight is particularly important (e.g. DSLR), there is rarely a hirose power supply

Quick overview of the QBit

• Size is only 3/4 of a cubic inch
  • Durable milled aluminum case 
  • Locking connector (BNC with optional Lemo)
  • Accurate timecode
  • Standard cables can be used
  • Hirose connector offers several types of power 
  • Back up battery that will last around 4.5 hours 
  • Made in the USA
  • Service centers in the USA & UK

Just $199

FYI: We have several other new products that will be announced on Monday.   

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick chime about the Qbit XL. Been using them for a few weeks, zero problems on F55, C300 and Fs7 Cameras.  From freezing temps in the Pocono Mountains, to high humidity of indoor water parks the XL played nice. Also  used the Denecke  TS-C slate as well and all was rock solid. Battery life was pretty much 30hr, I could have used the Hirose to D tap to power, but battery life did not disappoint. 1/4-20 mounting hole is a nice touch. Purchased two to replace, my three Denecke SB3’s, will probably keep one SB3 just in case. I really like the way it jams In/ Out on a single BNC connection. The LED’s are super bright and would be nice to have a lower light setting, but I just mount it with LED’s facing camera body and can fully “see” what it’s doing w ambient light reflecting. 

37789244-EAEC-43F1-A070-6DB54FE00428.jpeg

8AD4F79B-1926-423B-B573-5A4C398AED0A.jpeg